The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

I think I put the mockers on my G Series waders by boasting how they had not let me down......Now I find that my bottom part of both legs is wet...not soaking wet but wet nonetheless....after I take them off after use. The problem tends to be after I have been standing in water for long periods of time. It is too wet for perspiration and I am fully toilet trained so it must be leaking.

I turned them inside out and filled them with water last night but there was no sign of any water escaping. I'm now thinking that the waterproofing has been lost on them as when they get wet they look wet for longer and the water no longer "beads" of them as it used to.

I have googled the problem and there appears to be some products out there to waterproof them again. Has anyone used these before? I came across Revivex and Nickwax.
Any help in how good/bad they are or even how long this stuff works for would be great.

Thanks

Crevan

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I've noticed the same thing with my greys waders recently, like you say not soaking wet but after long periods in the water there is still a little water getting in there some how. I haven't tried anything on them yet but I use that nikwax stuff on my boots and my jacket and always found it very good. Like yourself I'd be interested in hearing if anyone tried it on waders and if it did the job.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I just get a wet right foot after long periods of wading in my g series, think its the join between the sock and the wader on mine, would be good to know what to use to fix this.

·
Registered
292 Posts
blacks do some stuff for berghaus breathable jackets and the like has done a great job on my jacket but obviously jackets are under no sort of pressure so might be useless will give it a go and report back

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
I would take Alex's advice Dave has done a first class job on my son's waders and mine are now on the way.:-D:-D:-D

Will be talking to Dave this week to see if I can persuade him to come back on the site after a little misunderstanding. IMHO he is a great asset to the Forum.

Crevan, Dave has repaired very successfully waders that appear to be porous but the only permanent system he can guarantee, and he does guarantee his repairs, is one which stops the waders from breathing. I don't think there is a breathable repair available on the market but any repair which keeps the waders going even if only for a year or so is well worth it......Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts