The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Just got back soaking wet. Time to get some decent wet gear. I am looking for a top & bottom that is good and waterproof but that I can roll up tight and get in my back-pack.

Any recommendations ?

Cheers

·
Registered
268 Posts
Dont just look at fishing gear. I got walking/hiking waterproofs with doing a lot of walking about. Make sure that they are breathable or you will sweat like a pig. Mine are Burghausa(sp). Fit into corner of a backpack.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I'll need to look into it all. Yep, breathable they certainly have to be. I have some stockingfoot waders from my game fishing but they can't exactly be wrapped up in my back-pack ...!

Cheers

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ray , Greys do a set of green lightweight breathables they roll up into very small sleeves , fit into your back pack no bother , not the cheapest but they are the best L/W skins i have ever bought , retail at about £150 the set ......
Hi Bob. Can you be more specific about the make/brand/type/name/code because I have just done a search on e-bay and there are thousands that come up....

Thanks

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
As I am normally wearing my chest waders anyway, I just use a shell waterproof over the top. I have ruined numerous expensive ones, so now I just get one of those from Millets that fold into a tiny bag, and clip it to my backpack. It folds down smaller than a bag of crisps. It may not be breathable, but its easy enough cooling off.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. I have found some Berghaus overtrousers for 38 euro. I have a waterproof top so that'll do.

Thanks for your help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts