The Lure Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You may never rest your eyes on us, one day you may. We are the secrets in our world, a world dampened by salt. A world of mindless killers but also carers. We are a family of shoaled tormentors, chasing the weak and unprepared for grief. Our vast numbers remain undecided, we see all and our family overwhelms. We are the spikes of life and the ghosts of death.

For ever it seems we swim together from shallow reefs to deep dark caves. We look so similar, our shapes and silvery flanks bear the same tones, shadows and scars. We fight for position in our watery world leading to the same denial of purpose. Side by side we move together like a song, lightning fast when chosen or slow and devious when called upon. We pack tightly together seeking the same, the flows are our allies and headlands our salvation. In a saltwater prism we abide, together as one we move, our destinys unwoven.

In the world of submerged mirrors created by the sun bleached kelp we dominate and are surrounded by those that are dominated. We are decisive, voracious and without direct remorse.

We fight to survive in a world that lacks pity and justice. We rule the shallows and our reign is without passion, we are the hunters, and also the hunted, we are beautiful, we are BASS! and we are sisters...

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
I will vote for you to be poet laureate :p

·
Registered
623 Posts
Are these the ramblings of a man afflicted by bass psychosis? lol
Seriously though love the words but wonder what "thinking like a bass to catch a bass" is doing to all our mental states?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Another enjoyable read :) It might sound silly but when i was reading this i could imagine "the sisters" swimming around the shallows and around Kelp.... Silly eh :-D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts