Weedless Belly Weighted Hooks | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

Weedless Belly Weighted Hooks

Discussion in 'Tackle & Tips' started by {name}, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Pollock

I have not used them myself, but the 2g or 3g versions look like they could stabilise an SP and also just give that bit of extra weight that you some times need due to conditions.

I have always used 3g to 7g coneheads before, when using Weedless hooks, and am thinking about maybe trying the pre-weighted Weedless hooks as an alternative, when conditions allow lighter gear. I wonder if this will also present the SP in a better way and possibly reduce risk of losing gear if coneheads gets caught between rocks?

The weight is also position in one of 3 places along the shank of hook and wonder what the difference this makes?

Cheers guys, any links would help as well if you have any to recommend.

2. Striper

James,

When fishing shad type lures, I always use a belly weight weedless hook just to give some keel, and stop the lure rolling as much so that the tail works better. I use this on the Fish Arrow flash J 5" SW, and the sunslicker USS, Sunbeam and surge bait.

I tend to use the 3g belly weight on 5/0 hooks for those lures in mustad hitchhiker. The USS I use 7g trokar ones for the extra gape. I wished they did those hooks in 3g!

I only go weightless on wave worms or dolive sticks.

Hope that helps.

Dan

• Like Like x 2
  3. Pollock

Cheers Dan, I do like the idea of these lightly weighted hooks.

4. Striper

It just keeps them "upright" in my opinion.,.,if that makes sense

• Agree Agree x 2