The Lure Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone point me in the direction of some weedless jig heads please.

I have seen the type of jig that has the two wires coming up in front of the hook ,but was wondering if there is anybody out there that makes a jig head where the hook point can be pinned in the lure. Like a slugo offset hook when rigged weedless.but with a lead .

I have tried various jig heads with just catching the point of the hook in the lure but it leaves alot of the hook shaft on the bottom of the lure which in turn pickes up the weed, and seem to effect the action of the sp.

Seems like a simple ask but I cant find any anywhere

any thoughts

·
Registered
35 Posts
There doesn't seem to be anything available between 5g and 20g unless anybody knows different.Will have to try a cone head with an offset hook.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Does anyone know of any at the larger end of the scale? have a few different types but have yet to find anything 7g upwards. anyone know of anything in the 12-20gm bracket for 10m+ water, would be a very useful thing to have.
Cheers

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I also couldnt find any weedless jigheads in the heavier weights. I ended up using Texas rigged SP's with a nose cone weight instead.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Yes, Alex but nothing on his website is ever in stock. He screwed up my order two months ago and still hasn't rectified it. Sent me stuff I didn't order or want, hasn't refunded me, hasn't sent me the stuff I do want, doesn't return/reply to emails. All this depsite an order confirmation email that was spot on? Shall I go on? Best avoided like the plague in my experience!!!! Sharnbrook are hands-down the worst mail-order tackle dealers I have used.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
I agree with Tim - it's the worst site out there. I won't use it, even though in theory, he has some stuff on there i want. Just a pile of pants - if he cant be bothered, nor can i.

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Last time I ordered from Sharnbrook, after finding the 40g GT artic jigheads I wanted, I ordered them, the confirmation said all was well. Then he rang me saying they weren't in and asked me if I wanted some 10g's instead? er.... not really, er... thanks!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Last time I ordered from Sharnbrook, after finding the 40g GT artic jigheads I wanted, I ordered them, the confirmation said all was well. Then he rang me saying they weren't in and asked me if I wanted some 10g's instead? er.... not really, er... thanks!
No surprise they weren't in stock, Tim! More of a surprise that he called to let you know! I had to chase my order before it arrived - he didn't have a clue whether it had been sent, what was in it and then stuffed it royally and still hasn't sorted it. Compare this to the great service you can get (I could name several but you know who they are) and it's amazing he is still in business. Service is better and quicker from Japan!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts