The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.. just a little query for peace of mind.. I just bought about three of these as a present for myself lol.. are they any good from the shore? It states on it that it is offshore

It's the fiiish 12cm 25grms weedless minnow.. I cant upload a pics at the moment..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
My understanding is that the difference is in the head shape? The are no rules as to what you can use and where you can use it........give them a try?

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
The lure clip eye is more forward on the shore ones. I use the "offshore" heads of the black minnow and crazy sandeels from the shore no probs, just on deeper water marks.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
The 25g are good from the shore when you have a strong wind and/or deep water and/or rough conditions, and that is a nice colour, my favourite alongside khaki.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Yep on the 120 use the 25g head if conditions (deep water, strong current, heavy seas) dictate. But the 12g head in shallow, calm conditions will generally fish better with a more controlled sink rate. Sink and draw works best for me and the hit usually comes on the drop.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
thank you all for the response!!!!! can not wait to give them a go now
Don't reel them in too fast with the Fiiiish heads...they don't like it. Personally I prefer other heads as I find the Fiiish heads a little bit too much of a fiddle and I prefer an exposed hook point

1 - 7 of 7 Posts