The Lure Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres a method iv been using to fish weedless using std jigheads,its nothing new but might be of use
4" salt n pepper salt stix (senko)
7g football jig
hitchhiker coil clip

clip the hitch hiker on to jig

twist sp on to coil not to tight just enough to nip it, then hook up as norm, anyway you want texas,texpose etc..

excuse the pics, cant suss the down sizing yet, but it should give you an idea what i mean, carl

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers nick, i use a strangle hold knot on this (tucked half blood) directly opposite where the hitch hiker connects with the hook and had no probs, wouldn't trust anything loose has it may rub and weaken

·
Registered
340 Posts
Looks good mate, might have to try it!

have recentley got a fair few weighted/weedless jigs tho.

As for downsizing pics.

a simple way is : if your e-mail account is set through outlook express on your pc you use, right click on photo and select "sent to - mail recipitent" and then select option "make all pictures smaller" and then send it to your same e-mail account (you can mail yourself) , then when you the recieve e-mail through outlook express save the attached downsized photo's - simples

or use : http://www.axiomx.com/picsizer.htm

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Great photo's. The other similar way is the shaky head with the hitchhiker type wire attached to the lead.

It's great like that for fishing shaky with senkos so you're spot on.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Carl, this is such a useful post for me as I need to be able to fish weedless (clumsy angler!) and yet have the weight of a jighead to keep the lure down and be able to stay in contact. Thanks. Next stop - AGM for hitch-hiker clips!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
andy, got the idea off the usa sites when looking at shaky head jigs but didn't like the way the coil was "fixed" this way you can fix any sp the way you want too, if you know what i mean

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Yes you are right Carl. The fixed position wire on the shaky football jigs is not on an ideal position for larger lures in particular. Also a darn sight cheaper just to buy some hitch hikers!!!!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
other thing i like is what keith mentions on he's blog about stoopid rigging is you can just unscrew and change sp, i find this better than shortening the leader by re tieing all them time, more so at night

1 - 10 of 10 Posts