The Lure Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
today I was looking for weighted hooks at my local tackle shop and he is asking 2,80€/1pcs... maxilla..gif

So I went home and cause I have some unused wide gap hooks left, searched in the angling box for usefull things and found some catarine leads in 4g, 5g, 7g and 10g.

So opening the gap in the lead a little bit, putting the hook in and closing the gap with a gripper.

Look fine to me and a much cheaper and I can use weight of the lead and the size and make of the hook as I like or have at home. Will try them asap with a sp worm...

Pictures I have also to make it viewable what I did:
IMG_0164..jpg IMG_0162..jpg IMG_0163..jpg IMG_0166..jpg
hope the pictures are not too large...

Cheers
Thomas

Attachments

·
Banned
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Looks good. What are Catarine weights? I like the idea of having customisable weighted hooks with me.
I use them for freshwater matchfishing. They are drop leads with a gap along the longside and a plastic pin in to fix them on the line. So you can bead them on your line even after youve fully mounted the match Rig. Sometimes I found them called inline leads, too. You get them with 0.2-20gramms in an hook fitting size....

If I find a picture, I ll poste it here. Mounted all mine on the hooks...

Cheers
Thomas

Askari for example has got a set: click
not so sure if they have the gap already in them. Mine have. Called Perca Dropleads.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
today I was looking for weighted hooks at my local tackle shop and he is asking 2,80€/1pcs... View attachment 451

So I went home and cause I have some unused wide gap hooks left, searched in the angling box for usefull things and found some catarine leads in 4g, 5g, 7g and 10g.

So opening the gap in the lead a little bit, putting the hook in and closing the gap with a gripper.

Look fine to me and a much cheaper and I can use weight of the lead and the size and make of the hook as I like or have at home. Will try them asap with a sp worm...

Pictures I have also to make it viewable what I did:
View attachment 449 View attachment 448 View attachment 450 View attachment 447
hope the pictures are not too large...

Cheers
Thomas
I think that is awesome !

Brilliant really in that you move the weight around before you squeeze.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts