The Lure Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

Not sure if this has been covered already.

But has anybody got any step by step pictures of how to rig weightless? I'm keen to give this a go with x-layers but not sure how to go about it.

Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
Visit Youtube and have a look at the 'How to rig' vids. (But just remember that 'weightless' includes the wacky, stoopid and bait rigs as well).

P.S. Also give the Bass Assassin Shad a try, throws really well weightless, cheap on Ebay, good results.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
ill show you tonight mate its its any rig without using a lead simples

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Can I just say....

Practice, practice and keep practicing this rigging. Use various hooks too and even commit a few packs of lures to practice alone. The cost will be worth it.

Some lures are easier than others to get right and weightless rigging means that if you aren't using a huge hook, the actual lure itself will often determine the keel and the way it performs.

Trust me, it needs to be STRAIGHT ! as a die unless you deliberatly desire some other effect.
However: Forget effects and go with 'straight as a die' to catch more fish.

Xlayers and Sluggos are tough...paddletails even harder.

I'm not just referring to that slow, painfully slow soft needlefish technique I rave about but 'glide and slide' rigs...
They need to be 'die straight'. Did I just repeat myself ? Must be important, and, it IS.

no bumps, twists, no nothing, just a perfectly rigged straight lure will dance and glide like nothing else. Beats virtually action you can imagine with twitch and long release rod strokes and IS my choice for pulling fish up from dense cover over weedbeds and gutter filled reef that has barely covered with new water.

But, rig em the right way up (like on the packet) for best results. Just tie em on and catch fish.

If they aren't straight and you try it and say...."I don't reckon that looks any good"...

You've done it wrong.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Practice, practice and keep practicing this rigging. Use various hooks too and even commit a few packs of lures to practice alone. The cost will be worth it.
All sound advice Keith, especially that bit.

Each make and shape of SP is different. You will muck up the first one, so don't worry about it. We all do it, it is part of the learning process.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts