The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Popped out with a mate for an hour and a half yesterday before work. We'd fished this place a few times and I'd never had a bass here.

I started on SP, using my new TLF October free prize winnings :) but didn't have annything on those so I changed location and due to the wind, changed to a hard lure and my trusty and battered old Tacklehouse Feedshallow No.8 Mullet.

I'd had a few casts and was just asking my mate if he'd been lying to me when he said bass were in here when BANG, fish on. The fish immediately rose to the surface and there was some serious thrashing going about, more than I'd ever seen before.

The fish went back under and the fight proper began, it felt heavy and I was trying not to say anything to my mate just in case something went terribly wrong, then I wouldn't have to admit I'd lost a beauty!! Anyway, I was winning now and as the fish approached the thick weed bed about 15 yards out I lifted the rod and applied pressure to make sure I got the fish up and over............and then I couldn't believe my eyes.

It wasn't a nice big bass like I thought, it was in fact two bass on my lure! I persuaded them over to me and carefully lifted them out. One fish thrashing about on a lure is one thing, but two on a lure is something quite different so I was mindful where those trebles were going.

I managed to unhook them both and after a bit of revival for the bigger of the two they both swam away nicely. One was about 2lbs and the other about 3lbs. I took a photo on my phone but can't seem to upload it onto here as it's not saved from my dongle as a jpeg and shows an invalid file (any ideas anyone?).

Anyway, that's a definite first for me, two for one bass and I'm glad my mate was there to witness it because it was one of those 'has to be seen to be believed moments'.

My mate had a wrasse of about 3-3.8lbs on a dexter wedge over a sandy bay and a bass of about 2.8lbs, but he lost a Feedshallow Plus and Maria Chase too so that put a downer on his trip.

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
you channel islanders aint half clever well done andy

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Nice one Andy!! That's 2 more than I saw today... Water's like thick soup and in case you were wondering, you can't get to the reef I was planning on beyond my rockie bashing spot with a 0.8m low. Needs to be 0.5m or big high pressure to not go over my waders!!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are the pics I took.

(I worked out why I couldn't upload the pics from my phone)

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts