The Lure Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought id put it here as it is a catch report ,
myself and my son nathan got to wisemans bridge and met the lads in the pub ,bacon sarni waiting and tea and coffee aswell,nice little raffle but didnt have a pull there.
was put on a mark buy simon and jeff (thanks both )bit of mountain goat country but plenty of sea movement and stunning scenry.
to get to the first area we had to slide over a hundred or so feet down a very steep bank to a small rocky cove below with a tall piller of rock with cormarants drying thier wings,as i was a little slower than nathan lol ,he was fishing before i got there and after a couple of minitues he was shouting theres fish following his lure four or five at a time and some upto around 5lb,he did manage a fish out with a spitting jack (my luckyest lure ever )at around the 2lb mark,nathan went on to land another about the same size on the same plug ,we both had a hour fishing that area at dead low water when we decided to head around the point before our retreat was cut off and the only way out was the same way we entered and that was not a good idea.we fished hard then i was rewarded with a fish also around 2lb on a small deep diving rapala i also took two small pollack also,nathan went on to have a pollack.at last going off i had a mad half hour with fish hitting my plug with a bright pink under body but i just could not keep them on ,they were comeing at it two at a time when retrived very fast but the fish were even faster hitting it but not hooking up,i did manage to hook up for about 5 seconds but it also shook the hook,adrenalin rush or what ?
i am feeling it today useing muscles i never knew i had climbing cliffs ,glad i aint got a red rod as my bushy is scratched a bit today where i was leaning on it and chucking it up rock faces,all in all extream fishing i would call it only for adrenalin junkies.
till next time,cant wait. jeff pike (roamer )

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Jeff - brilliant report and sounds like you had a great session!

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great report Jeff, well done to you and Nathan on your fish :p

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Cracking report Jeff !!! :clap: Great to see you guys on the Coast also. It was a cracking day from start to finish :D.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts