The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i was wondering if any of you could inform me as to lakes in wales which contain pike. i already know of bosherston and llangorse but thats it. both are over an hours drive away so i was wondering if there were any other options available? i live in carmarthenshire, near ammanford btw.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Llyr, I am maianly a bass fisherman (also in Carmarthenshire although further West than you) and these are the only two that I know of. Bosh is worth the drive though - tickets only £6 for a day. We had great fun down there earlier in the year as well as last weekend. Iestyn Jones is your man for more info on this....

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Llyr, I am maianly a bass fisherman (also in Carmarthenshire although further West than you) and these are the only two that I know of. Bosh is worth the drive though - tickets only £6 for a day. We had great fun down there earlier in the year as well as last weekend. Iestyn Jones is your man for more info on this....
yeah ive been down to bosherston for a day out many a time, saw a massive pike just chilling in the margins last time. How bad was the weed, lillies when u went last time? is it still fishable?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Lots of lillies and big weed mats, but pick swims and use surface lures or weedless soft lures and you can do okay - look at how many were landed on Saturday between us lot on the Welsh Bumble reports. Main issue is low water levels...

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lots of lillies and big weed mats, but pick swims and use surface lures or weedless soft lures and you can do okay - look at how many were landed on Saturday between us lot on the Welsh Bumble reports. Main issue is low water levels...
great stuff, will give it a bash, probaby when the school term starts/ summer ends so that its quiet.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
cant imagine the water level is still low now after all the rain. Bosh is great though even at low water levels.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
We hear great things, Iestyn. Looking forwards to the report!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts