The Lure Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
blew a fuse in the kitchen and had run out of spares so said to the mrs i will go and get some fuses from the shops...........dont know how the rod found its way into the car......., so fuses purchased i thought i would have a look at the local sea to see if the clarity which has been zero with algae for 2 weeks was getting any better and was amazed to find the water gin clear so out came the rod and started chucking lures along a bit of the coast , it was then that off to my left i noticed a solitary figure perched on a rock,and as i slowly worked my way closer i began to think that although we have never met it wouldnt surprise me if it was Nathan Bell and as i came along side ,so it turned out to be.He had been chucking everything in his box at them to no avail and we had a good 10 minute natter when i saw a small shoal of sandeels close in and said we had better get chucking again,a few minutes later a couple of seconds after my popper hit the surface a fish swirled next to it twice but no hookup, i didnt say anything hoping my next cast back to the same spot might get the required result only to here Nathan say "yep" and looking to my right i saw a healthy bend in his rod, after a nice scrap with plenty of splashing on the surface she was safely landed

a quick pose............................thankfully not quite upto captain speedo's level in beachwear... lol (otherwise i may have walked straight past him !!!! ) and a fiesty fish around 4 lb was back in and gone in a flash , Nathan had to go to work not long after and left me to it but all i could manage was a good tug on the surface before i had to go home with fuse for the extractor fan )almost forgot about that..........was nice to meet you Nathan and lets hope its the end of the algae !!!!

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great report Trevor and well done Nathan on the fish :-D

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Great post !!! :clap:

Nathan - do you ever catch small Bass ?????? :shock:

Lovely sneaky session there Trevor, i love it :twisted:

·
Registered
12 Posts
well done nice fish buddy... i will have to start this shopping lark seems like a good excuse to me.!!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Super report - love the sneaky sessions! Feed Shallow in Green Sandeel I do believe doing the business....

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Trevor what can a say cracking report, but more too the point it was great too meet you today and thanks for your help landing the fish.
The pictures are really good thanks Trevor and show just how much he wanted that sandeel, i mean feed shallow.
As Trev says i had chucked everything out there, starting small as its early season and working up slowly in size as the only bait in the water was small. I then caught a launce that was easily a foot long on a tide minniow SLD-F 125 and thought if he is out there i'll up the size a bit more.
I'd just put that plug on when Trev showed up so hadn't had a cast with it until he spotted the sandeel come in close. Second cast and it got really smashed. Chuffed too bits. Unfortunatlly work curtailled any further fun until next time.
You were unlucky not too connect Trev but i hope to do the piccie taking for you next time.
It was great too meet you and i'll p.m. you in the coming weeks about a few more joint ventures too some other marks.
Thanks again Nath.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
lovely fish nath and crackin pics mr jones.i think we are well overdue a north wales bumble now......whats your thoughts?cheers daz.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
count me in, would be great to have a local bumble,so many stunning marks to go at !!!!!! Daz, when were you thinking of ( Sept ? ) would give plenty of time for people to sort things out, or were you thinking much sooner than that?,

·
Registered
363 Posts
I`m up for a N Wales bumble but unfortunately I will be in Wexford first week of September!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts