The Lure Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just joined this great looking forum.
Am just off for 2 weeks on family holiday just 5 miles inland from Portbail. There seems to be a nice little river estuary there, but all sandy. Does anyone have any tips for plugging this section of coast. Ill probably only get a few hours in each day as I have to go fishing and be back before kids get up (thats about 6.00am for them so 4.00am for me yowch! - Never mind I'll get some kip in the afternoon). It seems to be same latitude as Jersey, so Im hoping its going to be a goodish spot?
Any advice would be much appreciated,
Cheers,
Dave

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Dave...there's a lot of guys that have fished France I'm sure someone will drop you the details you need.............

Reactions: David Brown

·
Registered
623 Posts
Hi Just wanted to say I fished fairly close to the area you are heading to. Granville to be precise think its a bit further south from portbail by 30miles or so but it is highly recommended. Granville is a very old fishing port with tons of history (old town) and very nice shopping opportunities for the wife and lovely clean beaches a great day out for all the family lovely to have a picnic in the gardens of Christian Diors house. More importantly there is an amazing reef that stretches right round the front of the old town. It gets fully covered at high but has untold potential for fishing the gullies up the tide or down. Head toward Pont du Rock and there are some old WWII gun emplacements and go down to the most westerly point and climb down onto the reef.
Also if you get chance there is a "zone industrial" area on the main road out of town where there are supermarkets and B&Q type places but there is a garden centre called Magasin Vert where all your fishing and plugging dreams will come true!!! They have absolutely everything you would ever want and a whole lot more. I was like a kid in a very big sweetshop.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Luke,
Certainly sounds promising. Sounds like magasin vert will have the MasterCard in meltdown - however as I always say - fish now pay later. I'd rather be broke and fishing than sitting at home saving.
Cheers for the advice - anyone got any experience on the Northern stretch near Carteret ( noticed I can get a ferry from there to Jersey, so along with Granville, now there's another day trip with my name all over it!)
Thanks Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts