The Lure Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This coming weekend, 7&8 August I am going with my partner to the Skomer, she will be diving, which then leaves me free to fish the surrounding area. I would be grateful for any suggestions as where to fish. Is it an area good for lure fishing or is better to bait fish. I would prefer to lure fish. What type of ground would I be fishing over? thanks for any help.
Nigel

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Oh my, there are some cranking marks around that area Nigel.....go venture mate, there is heaps of unexplored coves/reefs around there........just remember to post the pictures of your finds :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Simon I will, Just looking at the wind forecast, SW to NW for the weekend, should be able to find some shelter. The one thing that has affected my fish in England has been water clarity. Will I be fishing over rock and weed which gives more clarity than the beaches I try to fish in E Devon. Or should I just wait until I get there!. One last question low or high water? Thanks Nigel

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Nigel, the water is crystal down there at the moment but a lot depends on the swells. High/low, depends where you go, I've always believed in LW and the first push....but now, I have marks which are fishing best HW down.

I'll be out tomorrow night, so I'll pm you the outcome :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts