The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am i going mad or is eveyone else who's going the same.Just spent 5 hours sorting the gear,making up softies, changing split rings & hooks,serviced reels & made a list of more things i need from mrfish.
What made me think i was a bit nuts was when i had the idea to count how many lures i was taking.50 HARD PLASTICS, OVER 100 SOFTIES, please tell me i'm not the only sad git who's taking 150 lures for a weekends fishing!

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
No, you are not :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
I am on par with you Steve, just not in Simon's league :wink: Look foirward to meeting you there :p

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Steve - same boat. Started fettling gear last night and planning what else we needed. Spare this, spare that - it's endless!

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
I better start getting my kit together tonight. I'm gonna try & keep it to a manageable amount of gear.

I'm gonna take my LRF set-up for a bit of evening fun. I'm gonna take my HRF set-up to try & break the British Wrasse Record, & i'm gonna take 2 Plugging rods (one for general use, and one incase distance becomes a factor). I'm gonna take a limited amount of Hard Plastic, and a lot of Soft.

It's gonna be a blast !!!!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Alex, if the bass aren't playing (or if they are mainly playing at first and last light more likely) then the wrasse could be a good "daytime" option!

·
Registered
849 Posts
I better start getting my kit together tonight. I'm gonna try & keep it to a manageable amount of gear.

I'm gonna take my LRF set-up for a bit of evening fun. I'm gonna take my HRF set-up to try & break the British Wrasse Record, & i'm gonna take 2 Plugging rods (one for general use, and one incase distance becomes a factor). I'm gonna take a limited amount of Hard Plastic, and a lot of Soft.

It's gonna be a blast !!!!
Sounds about the same as me but with less softies.

Supermix 270 and Teklon 832 for plugging (and reels!)
The little rookie for LRF and some small softies.

Some hard lures ( I don't have hundreds!) and a few softies as I'm hoping to learn something if you dont mind me tagging along :)

Life jacket just incase...if that weather forcast holds up those rocks might be a bit tricky.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Hey Steve,

It's not what I'm bringing with me that I already have in my lure boxes that is causing me to question my sanity. It's the fact that in the last week I have spent hideous amounts on more than doubling my armoury. There is simply not enough time over the festival duration to get it all wet!!
I've also ordered a pair of Simms boots, am checking out a new jacket and obviously need some new poloroids, costa 580s me thinks. I am consoling myself that I am off to The Jersey event so I will not spend so much on that trip!!!!! As if.

See you over the weekend

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Rods - Check
Reels - Check
Lures - Check
Small army of ninjas to nobble everyone else - Check and Double Check

Excited about Weymouth-me?????
Can't wait

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I'm about 0.5% ready at the moment. Plenty of stuff to choose from, but zero thought has gone in to it yet. More stuff turning up here daily at the moment so think I'd be making an error to make any decisions now when there could be 50+ better options turn up on the doorstep by Thursday. Hard times.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
****, Ben, Mike....do any of you have the smaller double sided Sakura type boxes instock?

I've decided to take everything I own with me but if it don't fit in my SWAT jacket on the day then tough. I ain't being held back back by 4 bags and 4 rods everyday. It's alright having too much stuff but we'll all need a sherpa to carry it all soon.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts