The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Toby and me met up at overcombe and drove over to ringtead to pick up Toby's C&R measure. Then it was off to a sheltered spot out of the strong SW winds to try our luck.

No wind + no waves = no fish. We tried for about an hour just as it was getting dark, but no luck.

Then we moved on to a more exposed mark, lots of wind and lots of waves! It was a bit of a "trial by fire" for Toby, I dont think he's lure fished in the dark before, and the conditions were a little challenging to say the least but, to his credit, he landed a very nice pollack. I had a 1/2 dozen scan and a couple of mackerel, but the bass weren't playing. still, 2 more days to go.

I've not entered the festival by the way, long story but was supposed to be away on business this weekend and that got postponed at the last minute.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have not entered the festival too! Still I managed to get out of the house (hard to get permission:-?) yesterday evening and popped down to Holworth. Surprise surprise met up with several people from the festival including **** Ward (Mr Fish) and Nathan. Great meeting you and thank you for the weedless XLayer Nathan. Not a lot apart from the weed. Waves perfect though and there should have been bass around. It seems they had fish early up to 3lbs? but conditions not really right for this beach.
Nck

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
well boys all to play for .adrian is that the toby who will sharing with us in cornwall ?

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well boys all to play for .adrian is that the toby who will sharing with us in cornwall ?
Yes, it is, and he's particularly chuffed with himself tonite with a couple of 1sts:- 1st bass off the top and 1st session with more than 1 bass (3). All off the top within a 15 minute spell.

·
Registered
194 Posts
NIce one Toby! You will be charging me for guiding next, lol.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol, and I told him I wouldn't charge for guiding him as long as he let me catch the double. I've kept my end of the bargain.....

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
just got back home,pete had one just under 3lb 53cm

i only managed 4 small ones

yesterday was hard with all the wind,
today was perfect conditions but we could not find any fish.

i have heard there was a double caught,

mike will put a full update tomorrow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts