The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst an old hand at Fishing generally, I'm new to LF, and want to learn. If I turn up in the Weymouth area, where should I head for if I just want to watch, learn, and take it all in. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Why not enter & come along with us & fish, i'm sure any of the other lads would do the same. There all a good bunch, not stuck up & only to pleased to help. It would be a great way for anyone to learn a lot in a very short time.Think Mike might still be taking entries.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Aye come along - everybody picks up bits from each other :)

Probably worth buzzing Mike for a pub we can all meet at and drink and chat and drink and drink ... and drink ...
oh great 50% of our teams down the boozer already lol

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
we should meet at the pub just down from Mike's shop after registration.....

Chris
If you want you can follow me around and learn all my bad habits and how not to catch anything!

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Chris, depending when you are down, generally the weatherspoons (the swan) across from Reels & Deals is generally populated just after registration on the friday afternoon. Apart from that, as steve said, theres a big mixture of guys from here that weekend, who all always offer advice or just a chat, or pop in the shop and say hello. The entries are still being accepted upto the 4/5th september. So if you want an entry emailled to you, give me a shout.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmmmmm; very appealing, thanks to everyone for their input. I thought that entries had closed? I'll be on for it. I'll have to get organised. Not only am I new to LF I'm also new to this Forum, and right now I can't work out which keys to press to get where I want to. Frustration.

·
1,866 Posts
Hmmmmmm; very appealing, thanks to everyone for their input. I thought that entries had closed? I'll be on for it. I'll have to get organised. Not only am I new to LF I'm also new to this Forum, and right now I can't work out which keys to press to get where I want to. Frustration.
Hi Chris

Mike Hayes stated above "entries are still being accepted upto the 4/5th september. So if you want an entry emailled to you, give me a shout." i.e. pm Mike Hayes. I hope this helps & I look forward to meeting you all.

Regards

·
2,560 Posts
Yep, entries still available just send me a pm and I will send via email.

·
2,560 Posts
Yep, that is fine Chris, thanks and hope to see you in weymouth then.

·
2,560 Posts
For those who are attending this years Weymouth Lure Bass Festival, and taking part in the catch and release section. Please remember to make arrangements for your official festival measure.

·
Registered
330 Posts
just checked my rota (I am on a course!) Gutted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still there is always next year

·
2,560 Posts
Anymore for an entry pack, and for those who have asked for one, and not returned it this Sunday coming is the cut-off day.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Mike, can I buy an official measure from the shop next Friday??

1 - 20 of 45 Posts