The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly, thank you to all the forum members that came down to Weymouth and supported the festival, its was a good turn out for new faces as well as familiars. The social side of the event is so important to those who may of spent time communicating on the forum and to actually meet is great. Thank you to Commoran and **** for helping to arrange the prizes, we had an impressive prize table and one which will be hard to equal next year.

There was 47 who actually fished the weekend, and a few who couldn't make it last minute. (Hopefully, next year) Everyone put in fantastic effort and early calculations showed around 100 Bass were captured, 2 were weighed and 4 were entered into the catch and release section.

Im sure there are loads of photos taken during the course of the weekend, and that others will add them here as they get a chance.

The evening prize presentation went well on the sunday night with a good show from the festival entrants and a very welcoming talk from Mike Ladle on his findings and experiences. Mike attended last year, and the festival look forward to welcoming him and another special guest next year(2011)

Heres a selection of pictures taken by Kerry Jordan, who kindly offered her photographic time to capture some moments for us.

Bob Goodwin heaviest fish 6.6lb

Tom Walker 2nd place heaviest place 3.4lb

Matt and Jason Watts 2nd pairs Catch and Release

Matt Arnold & Iain Venn 1st Pairs Catch and Release

Matt Watts 2nd Longest Fish 61.5cm Catch and Release

Matt Arnold 1st Longest Fish 74.5cm Catch and Release, trophy presented by Roger Mortimore

George Griffin with an optional catch and release Wrasse pool, 43cm.

Mike Ladle presenting Steve Mullins with this years Contribution award.

**** Ward and I, presenting Steve Mullins with a special Lure Forum Prize, on behalf on the Lure Forum

After the presentation each entrant was invited to collect some samples of lures supplied by the festival sponsor, Commoran.

We held a raffle with prizes from the lureforum.com and Ben at Art of Fishing.

Mike Ladle giving his presentation

OFFICIAL RESULTS

Weigh-in Section

1st Heaviest Bob Goodwin 6.6lb
2nd Heaviest Tom Walker 3.4lb

1st Pairs Bob Goodwin & Graham White

Catch & Release Section

1st Longest Matt Arnold 74.5cm
2nd Longest Matt Watts 61.5cm

1st Pairs Matt Arnold & Iain Venn
2nd Pairs Matt & Jason Watts

Best Visitor Catch & Release

Matt Arnold

Longest Catch & Release Wrasse

George Griffin 43cm

Weymouth Lure Bass Festival Contribution Award

Steve Mullins

Thanks again to all and we will be back next year......

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
It looked like a brilliant weekend. Congratulations to all the winners, and especially thanks to the organizers, I have to get there next year!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Thanks Mike and all involved for a great weekend,
Sorry that Pete and myself could not stay for the evening ,early start today for both of us.
See you all in Jersey soon.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Mike - top job all weekend. Thanks to you. ****, Brian all the sponsors and everyone else involved in making this the best weekend of the year for me. Safe to say, George is dead chuffed too!

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
well done to all that entered .....sponsored.......organised.........and supported must get myself there next year looks to good to miss.well done matt great bass !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Everyone. It was great to see you again and well met to all our new acquaintances. Myself and George had a great weekend and are looking forward to the next. Well done Matt, it was a great catch - good angling! Babysitter permitting I hope to give Jersey a good bash.

See you there,
Tracey.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Well done guys. A huge amount of effort for not so many fish this year.
Still not sure if Mr Hayes hair is for real.......

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Sounds like a truly amazing weekend! Well done all!!!!!

I'm sure this week on TLF will be fabulous reading as all the stories start being posted, and a double to win it is the stuff of dreams!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Great report Mike, a great weekend for the lure forum and I bet a lot of hard work went in to making it a success.... Well done to all especially Matt and there's no doubt a big thanks needed to all those who helped organise the weekend.....:-D:-D

Will definitely be there if I'm not offshore next year............. :wink:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Big thanks to Mike & Co. Brilliant weekend and organising such a mean feat needs it's own prize. Well done all round. Loved it.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Thanks to everyone for all your hard work to organising it, Mike, ****, Brian and his Mrs etc, was really was good to get out fishing and to see loads of you lot again. Thanks to my pairs partner Dave for putting up with me yet again, at least we found a few fish, just gotta work on finding their parents next time 8)

·
Registered
849 Posts
I can only echo what everyone else has said.

Thanks to Mike and everyone else who was involved in organising the event. Well done to all those who managed to catch, I eventually scraped one schoolie at the last minute on Sunday so at least I beat the blank!

Nice to meet some of you guys and put names to faces and hopefully a few of us land locked pluggers can organise something soon to give the local pike population something to worry about. Herts, Beds, Bucks, Cambs...I don't care where :)

·
Registered
773 Posts
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Many thanks Mike and everyone involved for organising such a brilliant weekend, we had a fantastic time. It was so good meeting up with everyone and having a laugh, sharing stories and comparing gear all in all great camaraderie between fellow pluggers, We will definitely be signing up again for next year and I'm sure a few more trips down to Weymouth are on the cards before then as well. Cant wait to see some pictures of Mats fish, it must have been a truly magical moment.[/FONT]

1 - 20 of 39 Posts