The Lure Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m intrigued to see what others have come up with to tell their other halves?

I've unfortunately used some of my more popular ones like "But hun the tides are perfect and it won't be this good for ages!", also the, "but the weather is stunning and I don't want to waste a glorious day hovering!” is a bit useless at this time of year.

Just want to see any good excuses you guys come up with, and also to see how far folks will stretch the truth just to wet a line!

Cheers

Jay

·
Registered
48 Posts
with my ex (a bit of a mushroom if you know what i mean) i used o tell her that if i didnt use my rods on a regular basis that the carbons would become brittle and they would snap.

my lovely fiance of 5 years, well she bought my latest tenryu,, so i tell her that i like to go and unwind but holding that lovely rod you bought me still makes me think that she can still be there when i'm in stunning scenery,enjoying my fav hobby..................utter 5hite. but she tends to go all "thats sweet, of course you can go my darling"

Oh and the bass only swim past this point on this state of tide twice a month,,, usually works a treat too

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
I am pretty lucky as my other half knows, I either have just been fishing or am just going fishing.
Getting up at 3.30am in the summer does make her a touch cranky - I find gifts of chocolate smooth things out though.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I'm totally bu**ered now. People keep coming in to the shop and letting slip to Jo about the rubbish they tell their other halves - all of which just so happends to be very similar to my own previous misleadings..... Doh! :-(

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Ben-
Two words for you that used to work beautifully for me- PRODUCT TESTING!!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I've been telling her the Bass season is nearly over since August, therefore I need to make the most of the fishing.

You should of seen her face when I told her about winter LRF!:x

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I usually say to the wife, "got a text from the lads to say they are heading up the pub for a session and God knows where we'll end up, but I really wanted to go fishing, what do you think?", she'll reply, " f**ked if your going drinking, go fishing instead". Always works a treat

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
I take my Son Adam, so no need for any excuses, so is well chuffed to see us going and give her some peace :p She has also let me go to Nantes, 2 bumbles in West Wales, Weymouth, Rutland water, Jersey and Cornwall, she must love me for my sense of humour cos I'm not blessed with a baby's arm in the tackle department :wink:

Reactions: Matt Newcombe

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
ah i have it right then the missus fishes most of the time i do when she is in the uk that is. Only down side is she see's just how much money i spend on fishing bits.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Ben-
Two words for you that used to work beautifully for me- PRODUCT TESTING!!
She's wise to even that one now mate. Although I do get away with it occasionally. My best bet now is to say nothing but to just act extreeeeemely grumpy and then blame it on my lack of fishing lately. Usually within a couple of hours she'll be telling me to take some time off and go! :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
I ran out of excuses so simply changed wife.

Excuses all good to go! :-D

Reactions: Matt Newcombe

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I just hope mine never gets herself into the loft - she still thinks I only have 3 fishing rods!

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I find "I need to get out of this bloody house and get some fresh air or I am going to have a nervous breakdown!" said with feeling does the trick.

She loves me really.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I just tell her its therapy as ordered by my shrink.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts