The Lure Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Early start at a mark and it looked perfect As i got out of the car i noticed 2 other guys setting up Turned out to be another forum member Lee Jelf and his mate Toby We fished for a couple hours although i had 2 follows to a mag popper nothing was landed The descision to move was easy as this spot was overloaded in weed A few miles up the coast 4 casts later 3lb Bass landed An hour later 2 more fish Unfortunately neither Lee nor Toby hooked up would love to have seen Tobys face if he had Wouldve been his 1st on a plug Keep at it mate it will happen Really nice to meet and fish with you both
Well my better half suggested a BBQ on the beach and a spot of fishing What was i supposed to say the car was loaded in seconds Back to the same spot as earlier Sunbathing a kip a BBQ fishing in between Very relaxing

7 Bass landed only small fish but i enjoyed it every second At 1 point loads of birds were hitting the water just beyond the range of a plug Then i remembered the Bad Boy 50 yards and i just managed to reach the birds Hit straight away but missed it Cast again Hit again still didnt hook up Next cast I got it right First Bass on the plug I was singing Cast again Another Bass Next cast hooked into a fish which managed to throw the hook just as i lifted it from the water
What a day 10 Bass in total

Attachments

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one mate! Sounds absolutely perfect! :D

·
Registered
194 Posts
Cracking session Marq and many thanks again for taking the time to show total strangers in myself and Toby a new mark and how to fish it, it was very much appreciated!

We shall definately be back and hopefully pop Tobys lure virginity, although hopefully he will try to remain a bit drier this time, lol. I have encouraged him to sign up to this forum and after your hospitality yesterday I am sure he will.

Cheers again.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well done again Marq, great report :-D

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Cracking session Marq and many thanks again for taking the time to show total strangers in myself and Toby a new mark and how to fish it, it was very much appreciated!

We shall definately be back and hopefully pop Tobys lure virginity, although hopefully he will try to remain a bit drier this time, lol. I have encouraged him to sign up to this forum and after your hospitality yesterday I am sure he will.

Cheers again.

As you can see Marq I've signed up. Like Lee said many thanks for showing us the ropes yesterday even if you did show us up with catching all the fish. Truly bitten by the plugging bug now. Out 3 times this weekend.

Looking forward to learning a bit of this watercraft that you were talking about. Poppin my plugging cherry would also be good. However just being out was nice enough. Next time we see you I hope that I won't spend so much time in the water & trust that the sight of me diving after my YZ Mag Popper in me undies has not put you off meeting up again lol!

Hope to see you soon.

Cheers

Toby

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Toby Swimming after a plug at that time of morning you deserve a medal Good luck Hope to see you and Lee soon

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You got the song Nathan Do you know it lol Mate that truly is 1 very good lure Think i may need dancing lessons to keep up with you though

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Cracking read and results, Marq. Things are going great for yiou just now it seems!

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Hi Toby Swimming after a plug at that time of morning you deserve a medal Good luck Hope to see you and Lee soon
Mmmm.....actually the water was not that cold, refreshing in fact brrhhh. I just look on it as enhancing the plugging experience lol. A great morning. If I can catch some bass next time it would be even better! Going to gem up on some of the info on this site now. Had a quick flick through it last night. There's loads of stuff that you can read, brain overload will happen if I try & take it all in straight away

Cheers

Toby

1 - 16 of 16 Posts