The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to have another go tonight after the weekend and with another new rod to play around with, met up with two other forum members Shaun and Dale and Shaun's son billy. Plenty of baitfish in the water and actively been taken by pollack and mackerel. A two hour session followed.

Shaun, was the first to hookup and the consistent takes were a sign of a good session to follow. The attack of a mackerel is quite different than that of a pollack to those that have managed both species together. Billy added at least 15 fish to his tally and was great to see father and son into fish together.

Dale was also hitting the fish from a higher vantage point and just out of camera range, I was more than happy with the new rod and how it handled what was thrown at it tonight and look forward to chasing some silvers on the next trip.

Soon as the tide picked up it went quiet and that was the end of that 50+ fish caught biggest 2 1/2 lb.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Lovely busy session there !! So what is the new rod Mike ? And . . . ummmm . . .errrrrr . . . . . . . . . . ahhhh . . . . . . . . . . ."the hair" :?:

:rofl:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
So thats why you never took your hat off the other week !! Nice report, all building up quite nicely now. Just keep me away from the Macks.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Sounds like a terrific session, Mike. i will be happy to do that with George when we are down, never mind the bass! Now, we really need to talk about the hair, Mike (not that I have enough to choose how to wear it!)....

·
Registered
235 Posts
A brilliant evening had by all. It was great to see Billy catching so many fish. Look forward to the next one. (I wasnt brave enough to mention the hair haha)

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Mike, looks like alot of fun to me, a couple of nice sized pollack in those pics.
Dusk looks like it is a better bet than dawn was.
Did you get that Wrasse???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts