The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a interesting day on the Menai Straits today,wind not in my favour..or was it?

The wind was blowing from the N.E with fresh gust,s at times, my main objective was to gain more experience with the SP,s but the wind direction went against me on my favoured marks as I was unable get close enough without spooking the fish on a flooding tide as I would be casting against the wind.

A serious re-think was in call for a change of tactics,reluctantly binning the idea of using SP,s and reverting by to hard plastics.I abandoned my venue of interest and decided to visit a spot where a Easterly wind has reluctantly produced fish in the past (not many of those on the Menai Straits) and approached the mark tactfully using the fresh wind and direction of tide to my favour !

With a flooding tide and Easterly wind I decided to use this to my advantage,adopting to use a hard plastic a Tacklefeed Feed Shallow to begin with.I have not had much success with this lure in the past but I could see the lures potential of being a good casting lure and natural appearance so with a old method in mind where I use to cast ABU Kosters well up tide at anchor and wind in fast I adopted this method and it produced the goods!

After fishing mid flood in a shallow gully I caught 12 school Bass around 2Iib- 3ib in weight which was good sport.

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
well done gary . my next task is to catch more than one in a session lol

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Great work Gary. Did well too adopted a different method and boy did it pay of. Your doing well in the straights at the minute. Well done!

P.S.- I love the feed shallow especially in sandeel colour(the one in the pic?)

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I would like to add that I had a quick evening session on the beach and there are still a few schoolies about.

Used the same method as yesterday while on the boat using the Feed Shallow and casting well up tide using the wind to my advantage by getting a far cast then winding in fast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts