Votes: 36 25.0%
  • None of the above (different type)

Votes: 12 8.3%
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of the above bag types which do you prefer to wear/use?

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Mike I have assumed that a piece of kit like my Koa Chest pack is exactly that, despite the fact that is also has an integral rucksack.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I'm really enjoying my sling bag, just wish it was waterproof and had zips that don't have to be looked after. But it's convenient, comfortable and just the right size

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
A wading jacket dose the job for the lot................

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Cant find a perfect solution. I prefer a rucksack for ease of climbing rocks etc, but feel safer in a floatation check pack. Not sure there is a perfect solution but I just keep searching...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Rapala sling bag for me if you give the zips a quick oiling will last a fair time for the money just wish it had room for a small water bottle

·
Registered
340 Posts
I voted for chestpack as i'm now using a Koa and that has back pack too!

been through 3 slingbags in 2 years and had enough of them swinging round when climing and getting dunked when wading!

The Koa is ok but still not perfect.......lets hope they make something to suit us all one day eh ;-)

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
Rapala sling bag for me if you give the zips a quick oiling will last a fair time for the money just wish it had room for a small water bottle
hi keith i to use a sling bag and only today bought a clip on water bottle does the trick mate

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
i have used a Bison chest/back pack combo all year and am very pleased with it,the two zipped chest compartments on the chest side will each hold a box of lures(just smaller than a vhs cassette box) i also keep, clips,fluro,scissors and pliers in the front. The expandable back pack has two larger zipped compartments with room for food,drink,camera, torch/headlight etc even a folded up cagool. there are plenty of straps/buckles to attatch other bits and bobs,i have my wading stick and landing net hanging from buckles on my left shoulder and waist. The only fault with it is something which others have found as well,that is the elasticated orange string on the back pack breaks but is easy enough to replace with something a bit more durable. So overall not bad for for £20 ,i would expect it to last at least a couple more seasons.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I am using the rapala one my self at the moment great bag the zips are crap but just a quick spray of WD40 keeps them working fine i am waiting on my new bag to arrive from cian this week its one of the ultimate bags they look the dogs

·
Registered
741 Posts
Im fairly happy with my Rapala sling bag but find it a bit limiting for anything but a short session. May try one of those Ultimate jobbies as they appear to be a bit roomier

I cant get on with chest packs as i hate not being able to see where im putting my feet when stumbling across rocks but with the way my stomach is expanding that may be a problem unconnected with fishing bags soon! :|

·
Registered
528 Posts
Used to use a rucksack but a pain having to take off to get things in and out. Just gone over to a sling bag and have just upgraded to the Ultimate slingbag, has a waist belt so stops it swinging around.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Rapala bag owners......

Time to get your hands "dirty". Obtain a tub of Vaseline and after dipping your thumb, fore finger and middle finger in, to get a nice blob / chunk of the stuff out, literally kneed / rub it into the teeth of each side of the opened zips on the bag. They have stayed free for me - so far - with a bit of this treatment and avoided the boiling blood pressure thing when trying to change lures on the shore and the zip jams.

One thing I have found with this bag. Altho its not in the least bit heavy, it seriously makes my shoulder / neck muscles on one side ache like hell at times.

Would love a chest pack, but the uneven weight distribution on my back would cause it to ache even more than it does anyway. Altho now that most of my new SP's have arrived from overseas, I may need to take the rucksack with me too ;)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts