The Lure Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, two questions but hopefully easy to answer for the collected knowledge here in the board.

Looking forward to get my first x-layers and slug gos in a few days / weeks / months whistle.gif wheelchair.gif and want to store them safely in between fishing times. gash.gif

cheers
Thomas

Attachments

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I don't use boxes for SPs much Doc, I tend to keep mine in their original packets to maintain any salts, scent etc. I do have some lure boxes with packets of SPs stuffed in for use on the boat, just to keep them tidy. Most boxes that are "worm proof" are advertised as such.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Same here. Usually mine are kept in their original packets in one of my front pockets. Alternatively, they'll be in a rig wallet pouch - again in their original packet.

·
Banned
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hope to get some for a trial that come afaik without original packages (if royalmail someday gets back from holiday snore.gif )...

cheers
Thomas

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
Doc

zerust are good
use the blue tabs that come with it (thats the no rust bit)
you still need to wash your lures etc in freshwater after use but this extra step will ensure NO rust

SPs - ok in any box thats labelled wormproof
EXCEPT megabass vios and snapbacks
keep them in their own packs! other wise you get a gooey melted mess - don't ask how I know :lol:

Nick

·
Banned
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nick, same for after your description selfmade (if Royalmail decides to deliver yours to me one day...) SPs?

Cheers
Thomas

·
Registered
297 Posts
Nick, same for after your description selfmade (if Royalmail decides to deliver yours to me one day...) SPs?

Cheers
Thomas
Doc
home made SPs are stored the same as "ordinary" SPs
Nick

·
Registered
216 Posts
I've been using Zerust boxes since christmas. No Problems at all. The boxes and catches seem to be durable. I like them. They've been OK with Kiddy Sidewinder Sandeels and shads, but I haven't tried them with other SPs. If in doubt, keep SPs in their packets. I've heard that Megabass SPs with 'Vios' on the packet are the worst for dissolving lure boxes.

As for the zero rust part, I'm not sure as I try to always wash and dry my lures after use, but it can only help in the long run.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts