The Lure Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the latest number of the kayak angler is a discussion about fishing in a Wader!

What kind of clothing do you wear on a kayakfishingtrip?
Waders, Wetsuit, Drysuit or normal clothing?

Greets

Bram
www.viskayaks.nl

·
Registered
779 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Alex

Like the boots you showed.

Also tried wetsuits buth after a few hours i get cold.

Most of the time I use sailing clothes buth also doubting about an one piece drysuit!
Thinking of ordering a Gul Code Zero drysuit.

greets Bram

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
For me 5mm wetsuit and hopefully a new Ultimate Fishing PFD with pockets etc similar to the Koa vest pack!
I hate to critisize anything Ultimate do Alex, but the lifejacket/vest thing they've just started doing is truly TERRIBLE quality compared to the types of thing you get in Japan. If the Ultimate vests were £80 - £100 then they'd be worth considering, but at about £140 (I think), they're silly money when you look at the difference in quality. You'll see my Mazume at Easter.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I hate to criticize anything Ultimate do Alex, but the life jacket/vest thing they've just started doing is truly TERRIBLE quality compared to the types of thing you get in Japan. If the Ultimate vests were £80 - £100 then they'd be worth considering, but at about £140 (I think), they're silly money when you look at the difference in quality. You'll see my Mazume at Easter.
How can u put a value on your life..ben.... I think Ultimate Fishing France are the leaders in the plugging industry, and anything they make we should all buy...plus i want to marry Yannik....no one has paid me to say this...lol ya but ben u can say that about anything mate. cars, bikes, computers etc....i have ordered 6 of them as they look great and i know they will do just the trick!! your just a tackle tart...but i still love u :)

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
How can u put a value on your life..ben.... I think Ultimate Fishing France are the leaders in the plugging industry, and anything they make we should all buy...plus i want to marry Yannik....no one has paid me to say this...lol ya but ben u can say that about anything mate. cars, bikes, computers etc....i have ordered 6 of them as they look great and i know they will do just the trick!! your just a tackle tart...but i still love u :)
You can't mate, that's why I paid £183 for mine. Thought it might touch a nerve ;-)

Just being very honest though. You'll have to see them side by side to see what I mean. Get one quick.

I still think everyone should probably buy one though (for safety's sake), since they're the only things like it in Europe, for now.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ben, interested to hear about your Mazume PFD, I've been using a Palm Kaikoura touring PFD for a while but am looking for something with a bit more lure box friendly pockets - do you mind me asking where you get yours from?

·
Registered
35 Posts
First kayak trip of the year for me at the weekend and I was pretty toasty in a 5mm wetsuit and PFD. I also bought myself some 3mm neoprene gloves and they're amazing at keeping my hands warm, although I've not tried fishing in them yet.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I used to wear neoprene chesties and a kag top with a 'pull to inflate' lifejacket.
Fell in once and floated no problem without the need to use the lifejacket, in fact stayed perfectly dry.

Now I wear one of these-

http://www.wetsuitoutlet.co.uk
/product_info.php?products_id=2015

To be honest, not as warm!
Where's a good place to get the pull to inflate lifejackets, at the mo all I wear is a pair of tracksuit bottoms and a t-shirt and jumper. Don't do wetsuits as its too hot during the summer (altho this weekend is the first one out and we'll see if I change my mind on that front!). I do have a life jacket but the seat design doesn't agree with the design of the life jacket and I will be honest it does get left on the back of the yak when it starts to annoy me. The other half gives me grief (and she is right to) due to me not wearing it permanently, especially as we've got our first little one on the way and she would like me around!

All the inflatable one's over here are the type that inflate on contact and obviously that isn't too suitable when you get wet a fair bit. Has anyone got a link to a website that sells the pull to inflate life jackets?

Cheers,

Jay

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Jay

You are better off with a pfd, honestly. It's always a possibility getting knocked out when getting tipped out of your kayak. If you are unconscious you cannot pull the toggle to inflate your life jacket. Forget the life jacket get a pfd.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts