The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... is fish SP's weedless and almost weightless in shallow water...

8NovBass.JPG

Do excuse the back of van photo but I had carried it up the beach to weigh for the club and the netters are very active locally at the moment... half a sniff of a mark and it's netted...

Anyway, this is what I enjoy, you can see a couple of the lures in the picture. A messy van is an Ok thing... Sort of...

Weedless rigged Roselet style lure in the soft compound on a Nogales Monster Class 3/0 with a single wrap of solder wire for weight, about 2g I think that is. Must weigh a hook rigged like that at some point and find out for reference.

Dead drifting though very gentle flow generated by the outgoing tide, I had a few tentative pecks on previous casts but a proper pull down to lift into the fish which went mental.

The water was thick brown form some monsoon rains and no light whatsoever.

Bass do not need to "see" a lure to take it!!

And the big girls are still here... A mate dropped a mid teen at the rocks at the weekend as he couldn't get it up onto the reef. Big Baits.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Nice one Andy. You've definitely got your techniques down and had your fair share of the fish to show for it.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Great fishing Andy, well done!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Fair Play m8

taking Shirley for a drive again - u like them girls on your backseat eh :)

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just got a call from a mate, he's had 3 in the last half hour and whre am I?? Work!!! :(

I bet it's raining tomorrow lunch hour...

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Nice fish Andy, well done :p

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My mate went to one of our marks today, filthy water and he had a 6-2, 5-1 and a 4-9 in his lunch hour. he also lost a beast which snapped him off. On HP's not softies but one step at a time eh!!

Now where can we find some more Gaterides in GG Cruising blue. Popular colour that and mnost places are sold out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts