The Lure Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking of just carrying a single HRF and single LRF rod after going over and over the different rods as i am only just converting to lure only then i fancy a quantum lrf 0 -10 grams rod with my stradic 2500 and 6lb mainline braid.

and a taklon 802 with a rarnium 4000 for my soft plastics and hard plastics and general plugging. General consensus is the 802 is better that the 832 for general all rounder.
Means carrying a lot less gear over time i will expand my rods though this seems like a good starting point. would people agree?
Going to comit to a pair of rods in 8 weeks time when i have a chance and most of the mullet have buggered off and i can concentrate on lrf for the winter.

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Have a look at the Cormoran ULX and ULF at MrFish, I've got the ULX and it is an excelent bit of kit. The Cormoran range is really good VFM. Last time I spoke to him he had a range of 40 LRF rods in so ring him rather than believe the site. I'm tempted by the 802 as well.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks mate i have just looked through the site and there are so many different models out there at the moment. Going to go with a cheaper one to start off with and then i have the option of upgrading as i improves my lrf over time.
Seems like the 802 and possably a cormoron is the way to go though to start.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts