The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmm Dexter Wedge :?:

Failing that, take a look at the Tackle House INT, DTM 75's & 90's, Zonk 77 (maybe runs too deep though?).

Small, heavy lures generally sink pretty well :shock:.

·
Banned
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry I maybe should've added that I'd prefer a "plug" and perhaps even a floater...

Many thanks for the replies thus far I'll have a gander....

·
Banned
1,900 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Robert,
If small is what your after then have a look at sinking lures, as you gain a huge amount of casting distance and many have the same running depth on the retrieve as the floating versions.
Locally caught on:
Megabass Vision 95-very good lure!! especially in the AYU
Megabass Edonis
Megabass Edonis Missile
Duo TM75 and 90
OSP Asura
Tackle House Int (18g)
Tackle House and Shout Jigs 9-12g (about 1-1.5")
Also the 4" Megabass X Slayer is a useful lure to carry, as you can rig and use it is so many different ways.
Also have used several "bay specials" recently with varying results-Trying to get my hands on some more at the moment.
Just remember if it can't reach the fish-you aren't going to catch them.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
have a look at a Tackle House ? DC9 Terrif. They cast very well for a relatively short lure but still a shallow diving floater. I have even managed to catch Sussex bass on them....

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Mike,
The Terrif DC-9 does my head in, casts great, looks great in the water, runs nice and shallow. But I have caught nada on mine, apart from a couple of maccies.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Mike,
The Terrif DC-9 does my head in, casts great, looks great in the water, runs nice and shallow. But I have caught nada on mine, apart from a couple of maccies.
Dave, do you fish yours on a long rod or a short rod? ;-)

Definitely joking there!!!! I agree!!! More a 'particular conditions' lure than first out of the bag.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Mike,
As long as it a Demon series, it don't matter!!!

One day I will have a mental session on that lure, it is too useful spec wise.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Well that should have cleared everything up for you Robert....:rollineyes::rollineyes::rollineyes::rollineyes:

I bet you almost wished you'd never had asked the question.......:-D:-D:-D:-D

·
Banned
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you everyone for all the replies, many thanks to Dave for the proven local lures.... very handy

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Oh I forgot the Jackall Squad Minnow 95 in the Ayu, weighs 14g, and recently it has been doing well.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Ecogear MW90S is another I was messing with on Sunday. 90mm and 13g. Casts well and way more crazy in the water than I was expecting it to be. Swims around a couple of feet.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts