The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
be intrested to see what lure and colour has been catching most bass ino lot new ones doing bizz but what on average is tops in every ones box i no more likely been asked before but every ones got a favourite so what comes up number one remmber storm thunderstick jointed was good in its time whats still doing the bizz these days be few guys still pulling them out on old guys who nos might be out fishing the new one still lets see :geek:

·
Registered
519 Posts
what lure has best catch rate
Rod,

The lure which has the best catch rate, is the one that is right for the situation before you.

most people will have a confidence lure/lures that they will use all the time no matter what the situation just because they have caught or had takes by using it, this is NOT a good scenario to get into.

choose your lures for a purpose, a job that they are good at doing, build confidence in many type's, topwater, deep diver's, suspending, SP's, etc, etc, etc in all colours and sizes, to do this takes time, lots of time and commitment on your behalf.

if you need to build confidence in jig fishing, take nothing but jigs with you for your trips until you learn every nuance about them and are catching fish from many type's of structure and cover, learn what shapes of jig head work best in what situation etc, you CANNOT LEARN how to fish jigs if you take other lure's with you, because if your struggling for bites, you'll be too tempted to put on your favorite confidence lure and you'll write off jigs as being no good.

unfortunately this is how you need to learn all types of lure/lures to get the best from them, also people have a real bad habit of taking new lures they haven't used before and then use them when everything else they have confidence in has failed to produce and again blame the new type's of lure as not being any good etc.

hope this makes sense.

remember, at least 90% of all lures will catch fish, if your not, change the puppet or the puppeteer.

kev

·
Registered
773 Posts
Thanks Kevin, you've hit the nail on the head again and with absolute clarity. This is what I love about this site and particularly your contributions clear information that snaps into focus always based on facts and hard earned experience. Thanks for sharing and your constant ecouragement.

·
Registered
150 Posts
thanks kev i got to confess i'm slipping down that slope theres times when i bet a lure only stays on for a few cast being new in to it it's easy to get sucked into it all i know is i like shiny things (there only a click away)
i think it's like the first time you go into a pub when your young going up to the bar ordering a different drink every 10mins so many drinks to try and only one night, sat in the corner is an old boy suppin the same old pint he's drank for years been through the same thing years ago

but to answer your question (what do i know) my maria chase in holo silver has caught more than any thing else for me one of the first ones i bought this year
but is better than the others or is it a confidence thing i don't know

·
Registered
519 Posts
thanks kev i got to confess i'm slipping down that slope theres times when i bet a lure only stays on for a few cast being new in to it it's easy to get sucked into it all i know is i like shiny things (there only a click away)

my maria chase in holo silver has caught more than any thing else for me

but is better than the others or is it a confidence thing i don't know
ok, here's how you get started,

you already have confidence in your maria chase holo silver, so do you have confidence in the lure or is it the colour ?.

the only way to find out unless you already know is to buy two more lures of the same make, type and length but in different colours, don't obsess over which colours just buy them from looking at light, medium and dark, i of each to start with, leave your most confident lure at home, you already know that catches fish and take out the two new colour lures only on every trip, keep swapping colours until you catch and build that confidence into each colour of lure, when you have one type of lure in several colours that you have the upmost confidence in, go and buy three of each in the same colours and sizes, then leave them at home and start with 3 new lures of the same make in the same size but 3 different colours ...............one to use, one to lose and one to give to a friend... it's as simple as that !.

then do the same process over and over untill you have an arsenal of lures that have so much mojo you feel like your always going to catch no matter what is before you.

when ever you purchase new lures, never buy the exact same colours as the lures you already have., but that doesn't mean you shouldn't buy them in different shades of the same colour.....,bright yellow, pale yellow etc.

if you have caught on say major colour hues of , white, yellow, black.......buy your other lures in say red, blue, green etc, this way you don't build colour barriers, like i can only catch using lures of this particular colour etc, etc..................learn to use many type's of lure correctly in many different techniques, colours and your confidence will ouze.

all the best, most of all believe in your self and what your doing.

kev

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
which lure

i love reading this type of question .i sat here thinking which lure catches the most for me ?? ummmmm let me see ....................not a easy one this ................ seriously can't answer because i have not bloody caught one yet lololololol

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Kevin,
Absolutely spot on reply , you can never have too many different coloured lures , a lure for every situation , Coloured water , overcast sky , bright sunny day , late afternoon evening , its one big learning curve and most of us are still learning , playing catchup .

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
What has worked well for me is buying two of each lure. One to "match the hatch" size, colour and action of the location I'm fishing and another of the same pattern but a bright, gaudy colour to provoke an aggressive reaction strike if they're not actually hungry.

By no means an exact science but just want to put that forward from an intermediate's perspective that may help a newcomer

1 - 12 of 12 Posts