The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I would like to compile a top ten list of lures that are not available in the U.K, And that members think would be of great benifit to our wonderful sport here in the U.K. I will do my utmost to bring at least the top 5 and if possible the top ten. It will be on a vote system, So the top 5 with the highest votes hopefully will be in the U.K within the next month.Can you also add aswell as the brand and model, colour and size preferences. Cheers Dave

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Diawa Shoreline Shiner Slim 120(The real smaller size of the well known SLS (called saltiga here) minnow-seen the action-excellent)
Diawa Shoreline Shiner Slim 105(as above plus the 2010 transparent colours look good-a lure for those fry feeding days)
ZipBaits System Minnow 11F Tidal (casts well, silent, and super shallow)
Zipbaits System Minnow 123F Tidal(casts well, silent, and super shallow)
Ecilpse Variant Drift Pencil 75/110 (the lure that seems to be every lunker hunter in japan's current favourate)
Ecilpse Shallow Edge 90 (vibration lure DESIGNED for shallow water)
TackleHouse Cruise CRSP (Well designed subsurface stickbait)
Mars Barvow 110 Hybrid hard/soft drift bait.(reports continue to rave about them in Japan)
IMA Sasuke 105 (especially in the new "Ghost About Bait" colour)
A few lures that would add to those available here at the moment, All proven seabass lures in Japan.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I'd like to see more of the Little Jack range. Never seen a report containing any but they all look useful....

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
rat-l-trap i cant remember who makes em but will find out

·
Registered
149 Posts
sls shore line shiners 170 in all colours especially the sandeel colours are absolute bass killers and they cast for miles...havent seen them
anywhere in the uk or ireland..hence ordered them from japan..i really cant stress enough how leathal they are...if i had to choose 1 lure
from my huge collection this would be it..

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
sls shore line shiners 170 in all colours especially the sandeel colours are absolute bass killers and they cast for miles...havent seen them
anywhere in the uk or ireland..hence ordered them from japan..i really cant stress enough how leathal they are...if i had to choose 1 lure
from my huge collection this would be it..
Agreed on that one. I think they will be here soon though. Although saying that... Daiwa were pretty silly in calling the UK version 'Saltiga'. In France they too have Shore Line Shiner's in this size (like the rest of the World), but shipping them in will likely complicate things (or not happen) because they'll have to repackage and rename all imports to match the Saltiga name for consistency. Fools! If they'd just called our Saltiga's, "Shore Line Shiners" we'd be able to get them straight away I'd imagine. Guessing that "Saltiga" is a trusted name here so they ran with it without any forward planning.

·
Registered
149 Posts
yes ben..the saltiga is not the same lure tho as the sls tho..not the ones i got anyway..the saltigas are 150mm long and around 30g..they are a little bulkyer than the sls 170s from japan..now the saltigas are great lures but the sls 170s are a way more streamlined and cast better...i would have the sls any day over the saltiga..the duch bass anglers are raving about them all the time and u can see why by the amount of bass they nail
on them...

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
yes ben..the saltiga is not the same lure tho as the sls tho..not the ones i got anyway..the saltigas are 150mm long and around 30g..they are a little bulkyer than the sls 170s from japan..now the saltigas are great lures but the sls 170s are a way more streamlined and cast better...i would have the sls any day over the saltiga..the duch bass anglers are raving about them all the time and u can see why by the amount of bass they nail
on them...
You're talking about the Salt Pro (in the UK at least), Mike. The smaller Saltiga's (14cm anyway) is the same as the 14cm SLS, and the 12cm Saltiga we get sold here is actually the older SLS R50 from Japan - so it's not even an identical smaller version of the 14cm lure. Don't worry, I know the SLS17. I have used them loads in the past 12 months and caught heaps on it. I have the 15cm Salt pro as well but haven't used it yet. I don't expect as much from it (it's less than half the price of the SLS!), but they are brilliant value for money still.

There are all sorts of inconsistencies between what we get sold in the UK and the rest of the World. I have now actually bought at least one of almost every SLS and Saltiga lure to compare them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
i personally havn,t seen or used the daiwa sls range but on the strength of their saltigas would love too.
why oh why do daiwa treat the uk like a dead end backwater compared to europe and other foreign markets?
one lure i would like to see is the bomber floating mullet, its basically a suspending(in fresh water)twitch bait that gives off mega flashes of light, and you can work it sooo s-l-o-w-l-y !

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Do you prefer the floating or sinking Daiwa Shore Line Shiner 17? What are the smaller sizes like in that range?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts