The Lure Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question
what month of the year seems to fish best for bass on the lures in your opinion
now it dose not matter what type of lure just a genaral question...

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
September for me

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
September - December for me. Pretty consistent.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
September - only two seasons worth of personal data, but this has been the best for me in West Wales...

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would say August & September were our two best months last year in our first serious years plugging just interested to find out how other areas fish

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My best months are December and January
Hello Nathan would that be a trend that you see year after year we spent loads of time on the water this year in december and january with nothing to show for it,now i do realise your further south in Cornwall than we are in Wexford so water temp comes in to play here in a big way im sure

·
Registered
990 Posts
Hello Nathan would that be a trend that you see year after year we spent loads of time on the water this year in december and january with nothing to show for it,now i do realise your further south in Cornwall than we are in Wexford so water temp comes in to play here in a big way im sure
Hi Barry,
Every year we keep fishing harder for longer, and it used to be October/November for a long time but I just wanted to keep fishing, then I Found out that december was our best month for bigger bass, but this year we thought we would fish January quite hard and got rewarded with some cracking bass.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fair plat Nathan great to get results when you go against the grain not easy to fish the winter months have to say we didnt really feel confident in Dec,Jan,Feb of getting any fish but was still nice to get out on you marks for a few hours...

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Barry,
Many years ago, when I used to go over to Ireland regularly, if I was in the Dingle area I would always go to see Bob Moss for up to date information and help. He always lead me to believe that on the west coast, dingle and Brandon Bay area the numbers of fish being caught during the winter months went down when compared to the summer months but the fish being caught were generally bigger. Is that not true for the east coast?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Locations & years

Depending on where you live seems to be a feature at times. Years vary as well.
Last year I had good bass in March and April and the months of May & June were really good last year.
July & August last year was quiet on the lures. Other years have been different!
The bigger fish are usually September to December down here but the water is normally coloured up more frequently at this time of year in this location.
If the conditions are right just get out and have a go because I have had some pleasant surprises whilst just out on "practice sessions" before and after the so called "peak time".
This year March has been really quiet up to now but its good to get out and have a chuck.

In 2010 I am going to travel a little more to find the better conditions with regards to clarity.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Barry,
Many years ago, when I used to go over to Ireland regularly, if I was in the Dingle area I would always go to see Bob Moss for up to date information and help. He always lead me to believe that on the west coast, dingle and Brandon Bay area the numbers of fish being caught during the winter months went down when compared to the summer months but the fish being caught were generally bigger. Is that not true for the east coast?
The east coast is not really a great place for the lures and i dont fish it very often only on occasion where there are big westerly or south westerly winds which make the south coast unfishable,and when i do end up there is is to bait fish which is not very often any more a last resort or juring the bass ban as for the Kerry area it seems to throw up a few big bass every winter. Early season bass, sea trout and mackeral seem to hit the south west coast first and then move west until they hit us in Wexford in the south east of the country

1 - 17 of 17 Posts