The Lure Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the season proper is fast approaching us, I thought I would treat myself to a couple of new lures.

The majority of my plugging is done over shallow, rocky ground on the south coast of Devon/Cornwall, using Tackle House Feed Shallows (Mullet) and Maria Chase BW (holo Silver) for 90% of the time.

I thought it was time to expand my lure box and options slightly, with a few deeper diving lures for when I am fishing deeper spots (was thinking of Rapala X-Raps 10/12? for this) and some surface lures.

For off the top, I thought I would go for a Patchinko II (investing in a Zenith Z Claw later) as I heard this cast well and are a good choice for novice surface pluggers.

Having made what I thought was the difficult decision of what type of lure to purchase, I then went to order one from MrFish, only to find that my preferred colour (Yellow) is out of stock.

So I wondered what colour Patchinko II you guys prefer and the reasons (if any) behind this preference?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
had great success on the silver and black along with the narce colour great caster great fish catcher

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
My favourite colour is Lanchon (sandeel) which hasn't been in stock for ages. Second best is the 500g which to me resembles small pollock. Brilliant lure, I wouldn't leave home without one.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Great choice of lure to buy and for me top water patchinko fishing is the pinnacle of lure fishing. If you have only been used to subsurface takes the first you get on the patchinko will be electric. Its just the visual contact firstly with the lure doing its thing and then when you get a bass following the heart starts pounding until the bugger gulps it then your in for some fun.
Favorite colours in order:
Yellow(bobs patchinko)
Cabot
Sandeel
Have a fresh unused Silver and black and yet to throw it yet but reckon its a winner! they all are!!

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Go for a baby patchinko, they are gorgeous.

I have a luminous yellow grown up Patchinko which loos really spooky at dawn or dusk..... Otherwise I stick to black and silver.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I'm going to rain on this parade and say I prefer other surface and wtd lures. I found it tricky to get a good rhythm with the patchinko (stiffer rod this season may make that easier) and although I had a few fish on mine, I had better results on other lures. It's a good lure no doubt and casts better than anything in my box, but would it be my first surface lure out of the box? Probably not despite giving it plenty of chances last season. It will still be IN the box though...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for your help guys, looks like it will be a silver & black one for now and a yellow one when they are back in stock (any idea when that might be ****?).

I am going to order a Z-claw at the same time, I was thinking a mullet or pink lady, but the mullet isn't in stock and I can't see the pink lady, so what do you guys think about the ghost claw?

Cheers again for your help.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That actually made me laugh, after on just reading the 11 page thread on the choosing of its name, lol.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
I have the wrong picture on my website for the Pink Lady, i thought the picture of the one I have looks more like the Pink Lady than the proper one!! Its number 050 if you were looking for it anywhere. This is the real Pink Lady picture...

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
No, this is a pic of the Pink Lady . . . . . . ..

Hey ****, am i imagining it, or was it you & i that came up with that name ????

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for that ****, I did see the 050 but as the description read "The 008 is a white lure with a hint of pink around the head, popular lure for use in most conditions but especially on grey murky days and on a moonlit night.", I thought it was a different colour, just having a pink head, rather than pink all the way down its back.

As it was, I had to make my purchase before the mrs confiscated the credit card, so ordered the Ghost Claw now, will have to get the Pink Lady when I can liberate my friend Mastercard again, lol.

I also hear that you are going to be supplying my local tackle shop, so big thanks for that!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts