What the F**K am I doing wrong? | Page 2 | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

What the F**K am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'LRF & HRF Chat' started by {name}, Feb 26, 2012.

1. CoFounder & Retired Admin

Fish all the spots you can and as Rod has said you should get rewarded. Fishing these methods socially is a blast.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TLF Admin Staff Member

Loathe to say it but you might want to try some ba*t to find out if there is actually any fish there...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bass

I know the feeling Lee and I've been there too, the fishing seems to be pretty tough just about every where at the moment but then I always found this time of year a little tricky even in the bait fishing days. I completely agree with Rod though and a big part of my interest in this style of fishing is the social side of it. Keep the faith, the fishing will pick up soon.

4. Snapper

If things dont change soon I'm gonna groundbait a whole effing area

5. Pollock

Valid point Tim and worth trying

This I do know, the bait anglers who fish the Straits are really struggling to catch with only the odd Dog fish and Whiting showing up for their efforts .

Most now are leaving it until the first peel of crab which is a sign that the water temp is rising.

Gary

• Like Like x 1
  6. Salmon

As the rest of the guys have said Lee it is pretty tough at the moment. Two of us fished a harbour at low water on Saturday into about 4' of water with just one scorpion fish (not to me :-?), an old onion bag, two bits of rope and a crab to show for about an hours work!!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Snapper

Yeah if it was catching crabs I'd easy be a pro :lol:
    Hours and pounds mate and only a few fish to show for it, calmed down a bit now though, I was feelin proper sorry for me self earlier.

Can't wait till the Bass are in, winters just to bloody long here!

8. Sprat

It's been slow down here too, but one thing i have noticed is i'm really having to search out the whole depth of water to find the fish. A couple of weeks ago it was isomes fished hard on the bottom that were catching. Yesterday at ilfracombe harbour i couldn't get a touch on the isomes on the bottom and it wasnt until i switched to the small grass minnows fished on a steady retrieve wiith the rod tip up, keeping the lure higher in the water that i was getting smelt and poor cod every other chuck.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Striper

WHAT THE F**K ARE YOU DOING WRONG ??? ...................L.R.F. ing !!!! thats what.............Its so so so wrong :muttley:

probably very few fish around,cold fresh water in the estuaries ,and the time of year......................................

oh....and you are L.R.F. ing .............wont be long now til the proper fishing starts :horsesword: and this will all seem like a bad dream..............:rollineyes:

chin up ......

Trev

• Like Like x 2
  10. Striper

I loved the rant Lee - know how you feel Lee - but keep the faith - as the old adage goes its called fishing not catching. Id rather be out blanking than home ****ing.

11. Snapper

Yeah i know, I am just not used to blanking for so long, a few sessions maybe but its been a few months now :sad:

12. Striper

Just back in from a session in Penzance Harbour area. Threw everything, Isomes, Ecogear Aqua, Caro rigs, jigs, vib's and tiny plugs. One micro Pollack that I sight casted on a vib. Water is so clear, even at night, see everything on the bottom, 10' down or so. Think that's why the fish are not active here, has been poor fishing last few LRF sessions, not like last winter at this spot.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mackerel

To be honest lads, up until about Easter I expect to catch fxxxk all..... so I wouldn't give up hope. Things should start to pick up soon. In fact I got my 1st Pollack of the year just the other day; but I'm not going out much at all as I think it's pretty much a hiding to nothing until after Easter, in my opinion, and experience.

14. Pollock

Lee call big Kev Pugh he will sort you out :grin:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Snapper

It will be a pleasure Ivan :wink:

Lee get a grip of your senses and ditch the whole thing as a bad joke :roll:

Get your PROPER gear out and try and get yourself a nice shirley or wrasse or any bloody fish of a size worth catching !!!!.

Other wise join Goby Wan Lugg and his motley crew and spend a fortune on kit to fish a tiny rock pool some where far far away .btw Pugh Island has a NO GOBY BASHING enforcement in place :muttley:

• Like Like x 2
  16. Pollock

Exactly Kev !:clap:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sausage!

ye mate your right this is what i had to do with me gulp whiteworm,the scent is an added attractant good luck but stick at it

---------- Post added at 21:30 ---------- Previous post was at 21:29 ----------

i get the impression you really dont like this kev heehe

18. Snapper

Thanks for the advice guys :-D this was posted a bit back and seems to have been resurrected. Rest assured, the Bass gear is now out and the lrf stuff is taking a back seat.
    I'm still **** though :)

19. Mullet (foul hooked)

Few years old this post but I'm having the exact same problem now, I've caught hardly anything since taking up this LRF just over a year ago. I've been out for sessions of 1-2 hours mostly and I never catch. Well mostly never, I've had about 10 fish all year through around 50 session mostly on docks and flat sandy beaches in the wirral area.
    I've tried isome, gulp sand worm, small metals, grubs, paddle tails etc etc etc in any colour you can think of. I've tried dropshotting, split shot rigs, jig heads from 2-7grams, I've paid my dues and put the hours in and I love being out but so frustrated at the lack of fish

20. Perch

Sorry to hear you are not having much success with the LRF Jake. I remember your previous post a while ago. See if you can find a harbour or rock mark locally with access to slightly deeper water than fishing directly off the beach with LRF gear. Are you fishing from low tide into the flood? Night fishing can definitely pay off especially when using scented LRF lures. Gulp Sandworm is my go to and never let's me down. I fish it on a 2g size 8 jig head and bounce it along the bottom or in the current if I can. There should at least be some mackerel around this time of year which are great fun on LRF gear. If you can locate them chuck small 5 and 7g metals and you will definitely hook up. Savage Gear Psycho Sprats are great and cheap. Also some of the small HTO metals. Good luck.