The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, you're standing on the shore looking out across a shallow rocky mark and the sea is almost going sideways at a medium - reasonably fast pace.

So you cast a surface/ultra shallow diving lure up tide, take up majority of slack and watch your lure floating back towards/across you quite quickly... Now getting the lure back to you in one piece involves judging the speed of the flow and manoeurvring the lure around many small/medium/big rocks whilst obviously trying to get a bite...

I was faced with this on 2 marks on Sunday and due to a lack of experience I guess I was bumbling my way through it without really know what I should be doing. Still caught though :wink:

Oh yeah, there was also about a 12-14mph gust blowing straight in my face which made me look like I'd either just lost a loved one or been cutting onions for 2 days solid.

So how would you have fished that mark?

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Ok, you're standing on the shore looking out across a shallow rocky mark and the sea is almost going sideways at a medium - reasonably fast pace.

So you cast a surface/ultra shallow diving lure up tide, take up majority of slack and watch your lure floating back towards/across you quite quickly... Now getting the lure back to you in one piece involves judging the speed of the flow and manoeurvring the lure around many small/medium/big rocks whilst obviously trying to get a bite...

I was faced with this on 2 marks on Sunday and due to a lack of experience I guess I was bumbling my way through it without really know what I should be doing. Still caught though :wink:

Oh yeah, there was also about a 12-14mph gust blowing straight in my face which made me look like I'd either just lost a loved one or been cutting onions for 2 days solid.

So how would you have fished that mark?
Maybe a Hazedong Magnum (wakasagi - looks like coca cola) on texan hook, maybe a lightly weighted texan if windy? Twitched back surface/sub-surface around the boulders. Might need a low side cast to get under that headwind though!

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Carl.

I did think about a worm that I had, Paul but it was rigged wacky so didn't have the weight to get it out there. My problem is I always assume SP's are to be bounced along the bottom and I would have got in all sort of trouble doing that over that ground, when in fact they are not.

Thanks chaps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts