The Lure Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out today this time by myself on the S/E coast I made several sightings today, **** and Bob, 3 Kayak fisherman standing on the rocks in a row and a gent skishing sat on a rock on a main gulley. Any way digress first cast and a nice Bass of around 2.5 lbs came to the boat this followed by another of the same size. 7 Bass was my total the biggest being just over 4 lbs the smallest being around 2lbs. All caught on an assortment of redgills. Excuse the photographs but I was being blown along at a few knots

A fish just over 2lbs caught on a blue and white redgill

A fish just under 4lbs on a different coloured eel

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Nice one Alan , when we saw you it was 3-0 to **** bass that was 1 garfish to me , as we made our way after our brief chat to that mark we mentioned , 1st cast for me Feed shallow ( poullet ) on splash down wallop bass on pic to follow ( ***** camera ) 3.5 lbs , **** still changing lures !! Then more garfish pain ,
Moved on main gutter green island !!! two skishers waving red wands , wonder who that was ??? then we dropped to another spot for a bit of a wrasse bash **** scored here again pic to follow .
That northerly wind was a right pain in the neck today , so much for it decreasing .

·
Registered
519 Posts
sorry alan, didn't see you wave

bob, wasn't sure if that was you and ****, couldn't make you out that well from that distance.

kev

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Nice one Alan....will definitely need some red gills........:-D

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Our boat sprung a leak today, a screw has come out of the keel band. mmm, skishers......screw loose....mmm. Did you have a screw driver on you today Kev?

I got few up with trying for bass so put on the Xlayer and had a few wrasse, beautiful, and always frustrating when you feel them "plucking" at the softie (just like they do when using live green crab).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts