The Lure Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Always nice to see what your guys put your trust in. I'm sure we all have too many to show but these are the lures I always take with me..... My favorites.... So I've shown you mine, now lets see yours ;)

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Well box 1,

And box 2

And then there is the softies, X Slayers, Harts, Slugs, and creatures, jigheads, leaders, superglue, pliers, spare pliers, lighter, emergency spare lighter/****, headtorch, spare head torch, spare batteries etc etc etc
Would hate to get caught without something!!

Reactions: Ritchie Campion

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
What's in the bag is nothing like what's in the shed!!

Just had to decide what was going to go in the new Sakura chest/back pack combo which arrived today... Not fair!! I need a wheelbarrow which floats along behind me!!

Too many lures, not enough time or space. I must give up lure buying for lent. Must resist...

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Andy,
Trust me you will shocked by how much you can get in those Koa Chest packs, Packed mine (not even full) and then tried to pick it up. Decided I really had to slim the selection down (a bit-hehe)

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I took this ages ago, but it's just some of the Lucky Craft lures I had at the time.

The garage is getting full now!

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
You're lure shed can't look like mine then!!

Got a standard size box plus the digi scales in the main back bit, 3000 size box in each of the front pockets (one with bass softies and one wrasse ones) and also about 6 BASS lure tubes for the quick to access hard lures in the front ones, plus of course some hooks and jigs for the softies. Not too bad really but need to go try it out to see if I have the balance right. When am i supposed to use the other 9 boxes of hard lures and tidy box of softies?? :-D OK so a lot of that is "spare" lures for when I lose my fav Zonk but hey I just cant part with an old friend.

Decided while choosing what to go in that I will start with the smaller stuff and increae lure size through the summer into autumn by switching them about.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Ben,
Lucky Craft Sea Fingers in Spotted Shad, OK I am impressed, still trying to get the 153 and 173 in Kisu colour-everyone seems to be out of stock. Spotted shad looks good though. What do you think of them??
I have been impressed by the Flash pointer in the ssr125 (very shallow) and the sr140 both cast well and do just what they are meant to.

Andy,
The slimmed down kit list runs about 40 hardbaits (well maybe a couple more shortly) ranging from 55mm to 175mm and depths from surface down to pretty much the bottom. Like you there are a couple of double ups SLD-F 145 in bleeding pilchard for example-can't face being out with one. Spring for me is larger, high summer sees more smaller lures , then the really big stuff in the autumn. Subject to what the bass seem to be feeding on.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I really like them to be honest Dave. I don't think Lucky Craft generally make the most exciting lures, but they're faultless really. Like you say, they kind of all just do pretty much what you expect them to! I can't tell whcih ones now in the picture but I have the SR125 as well as the SSR125. To be honest though I haven't really used the yet. Got too many others to try still! This lure mullarkey is rediculous!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I just can't understand why people buy so many lures.....
Partly because I can't help it Mike, but mostly these days just so that I can review them for my website - which is nearly complete. ;-)

...or are you being sarcastic you ultralight lure hoarder!! lol

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Ben,
Trust me Mike has more lures than even I do, and still buying more!! He does have some stunning stuff from Japan.
It does seem that Lucky Craft has upped it's game in the last couple of years-lots of input from the french too.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
lol, thought so - cheeky old bu**er!!

I'm glad LC have pulled themselves together a bit to be honest. Most of my first lure caught bass were on the flash minnow so I like the fact that they're getting back in there. I'm still not sure they're selling as many as they should or whether people that should be using them but aren't, but it's good either way. The French influence is good.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Well box 1,

And box 2

And then there is the softies, X Slayers, Harts, Slugs, and creatures, jigheads, leaders, superglue, pliers, spare pliers, lighter, emergency spare lighter/****, headtorch, spare head torch, spare batteries etc etc etc
Would hate to get caught without something!!
Desperately want to join in on this post, but worried about not having as many lures as Dave....... How many lures per box Dave?

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have been known to have two seat boxes in the back of my car, one full of plugs and the other full of soft plastics. Currently doing rock work using a Sakura waist bag, the contents of which would be about 25 plugs, a box of ultra small SPs a box of small SPs plus about 30 assorted SPs plus a box of flys.

Organised my chest pack today in the hope that the sea temp will start rising above the 6.6c it is at the moment so I can do some wading. tried putting the minimalist amount of plugs in it, which ended up being 18 plus small box of flys, small box of teasers and about 20 assorted SPs.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I think you all need to seek professional help for your lure problems.............personally I don't have any kind of problem with nice new shiny lures that say "buy me". My self-control is staggering.

Or perhaps not.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I really need to post mine - and then some in the swap section - would love to take some of those slime ones from you Ben :D
You could be in with a chance Alex. I should really get in to the swapsies bit as like I said, my sole aim is really just buying them all for review so once used them, written a review and taken a few pictures of each, I don't necessarily need to keep it. Coarse I have my favourites (like the Saltigas below), but...

These lot have turned up yesterday and this morning (just posting them because I'm sat with them on my desk and the camera is here too).

Tool Publication Shelving Automotive tire Shelf

Attachments

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I think you all need to seek professional help for your lure problems.............personally I don't have any kind of problem with nice new shiny lures that say "buy me". My self-control is staggering.

Or perhaps not.
Oh dear henry! It's even worse for you because you actually have an influence over what people see and buy! You're not just diseased like the rest of us, you're the disease carrier!!!!!!! heheheeeee :wink:

Reactions: rob d

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I know how to cure my lure addiction. All it would take is a lure company to offer me a job (paid) as their professional lure tester and be sent to different parts of the world to try them out. That way I would only need to 'borrow' the lures rather than keep buying them m self...... Simple!

As for what's in my bag, that depends on whether it is the one I am taking or all the ones I leave behind. Depends where I am going and what I am fishing for.

What is scary though is adding up how much one of the little plastic boxes full of lures has cost.....

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I realised that the other day Mike, the exact same thing. Sit down and tot up how much each lure cost you, and its crazy. And also when you consider a lot of people are carrying expensive rods and reels, as well as Bogas, cameras, and other bits and bobs, it makes you realise that insurance is a good idea

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.