The Lure Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having just moved house, I've been sorting my gear out ready for hitting the beaches this summer. Kinda similar to the Show and Tell thread, I was wondering how you guys sort your tackle between trips? I use a big Wychwood Extremis lure bag to store everything in at home and when I'm travelling for big trips, and for single sessions I use a medium sized Shimano lure case and just select a small handful of lure to suit the venue and conditions.

The big stuff: 175 Flyers and 190 Slim

Odds and sods box: carp controller float for sandeels, spoons, small stuff etc

Big, loud, splashy late season plugs: Smith Saruna, 128 Sammy, Saltiga Popper etc

Small top waters: Patchinko, Sasuke, Prop Darter, Dog-X, Gunfish etc

Subsurface, suspending and jointeds: Feed Shallows, Getaride, Amnis, Rudra, J-11/13 etc

Divers and sinkers: Honey Trap, Zonks, Tide Minnow Heretic, Range Vibe etc

Sandeel immitations: Avenger, Seabass Hunter, X-140's, DTM 125/145/Surf135's etc

There's also a "bits" box for spare trebles, Egg Snaps, braid scissors, forceps etc

Phew! That feels like therapy getting my addiction fully out in the open!!!!!

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Lovely collection there Rob :clap:. Is that everything, or is there more tucked away in secret staches :?:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha! Yeah, that's the lot apart from a couple of packs of Storm shads, redgills, sidewinders etc hidden under my bed!

I've tried to get hold of two of each type of lure, one natural coloured to match the hatch and one bright gaudy one to trigger an aggressive strike. Problem I've got is that I don't really have one particular local venue to target, as I travel all over the place for my fishing so from one place to another the taste in lures varies wildly. For example, when fishing the Cumbrian estuaries the little red head Chug Bug is outstanding but I've never caught on it anywhere else! The 175 and 190 DTM's would scare the crap out of anything north of the Severn! If it isn't silver or gold on Angelsey they don't seem to want to know. Must get to Jersey again sometime in August to finally end my Patchinko hoodoo!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts