The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready for my forthcoming trip to Ireland and I was flicking through my lure collection to a) decide what to take and b) strategise as to how I can be on the wrong lure at the right time.... when I came across these two lures.

Laid side by side they appear virtually identical - visually at least. Is there a difference between them or has teh range been renamed?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
that's what i was thinking but but didn't know for sure so didn't post

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Doesn't the SLD stand for Slim Long Distance then the dash then an F for floating or S for sinking?

Also, does that mean that the "Flyer" is extra heavy?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Does one float and one sink? Sorry, ask me an SP question!
Yup, that is exactly it.

Both are great lures in their own right, but the sinking version is of course a bit better for rough water

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
I think you have the 140 Slim, which is a floater, the 140 Slim S is a sinker. The 145SLD is, like Rob said, a Slim Long Distance, which basically means 5mm longer and it has a bigger weight chamber, and I think off the top of my head it is about 4g heavier.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Is there anywhere in the naming convention thats indicates if they are a floater or sinker? from what I can understand is breaks down as follows?

Example - Duo Tide Minnow 135 Surf D25-DM Hellfire

Duo Tide Minnow - (Lure)
135 - (Length in mm)
Surf - (style) SLD, Surf or slim (any others?)
D25-DM Hellfire - (Colour)

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I think SLD means slim long distance and it's usually followed by another character F for floating and S for sinking? Maybe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts