The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we all know the much hyped lures of the year but as the title suggests whats been your surprise gem?

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
This aside from from the newer patcinko100 and asura, the lure that I have come rely on is the Duo DC12 in Matt Iwashi, which **** at MrFish reconmended to me. Casts brilliantly, is a shallow runner and has the best rattle (very gentle) is have come across. Might not be new or flashy, but I can use it and know that 99% of the time if there are bass there, they will hit it.

Have to back up Alex with his Orion Sticker, I thought he was having a chuckle when I first saw it. But in difficult conditions when several of the us couldn't draw a hit- That lure was doing the business. Designed and built by someone that really knows lures.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Obvious maybe, but th bass seem to like it-And that is all that really matters.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
flutter sinkers or 'pressbaits' as the French have named them.

Deadly and have massive range to cover lots of water. Totally misunderstood lure IMO.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Not misunderstood Keith, just not understood as they are rarely used. We brought some back 2 years ago from Nantes and it took time to work out what they are good for. Just so happens it was just what the French guides were telling us, but who listens to guides eh?:wink:

At the risk of annoying everyone I recently predicted that metal baits will be the next big thing..........But it will never catch on, who listens to SP anglers?

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I only said that Paul because I've seen guys using them.
However: just cast out and retrieved as normal ?

Ok, I know they can be utilised this way but they were near some 6 mtr vertical faces at 'you know where' somewhere in St Brelades area.

I was fishing 'flutter spoon' style since the early 2000's after remembering how effective dropping copper spoons were on Salmon and Pike in the rivers and lakes I used to fish.
After reading further about the 'Lake Fork Spoons' success i was sold.

Metal ? Never catch on, its rubbish. LOL

btw: no one listens to guides...

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Good question,

when all else fails, believe it or not, it got to be Yo-Zuri-crystal minnow-floating-f8. My mate Matt Arnold and I were equally surprised when fishing the Jersey Festival to discover when the going got really tough we both reached for the same Yo-Zuri. I also keep a couple of brighter coloured patterns at hand .

We had success with them in Jersey as we do in Cornwall and Devon. They tend to dive deeper than you would expect .

So, my secret weapon is out. My other is Maria Chase BW with the red underside. Brilliant in estuaries.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Storm sandeel absalute winner can even out fish anything on its day.......

1 - 20 of 47 Posts