The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for beating a blank and why do you think it works better than others you've tried on a particular day, or is it the retrieve, action of the lure that does it?
Cheers

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Tackle House Feed Shallow in Mullet, simple to use, good strong action. It has saved me from the dreaded blank many times.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Zonk! Just love it
What's happened to you Ritchie?!... you've changed!!!!! LOL ;-)

Surprisingly, probably an X-Rap so far this year for me. Although luckily it's been a while since I've risked a blank.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Haha I honestly haven't touched a sidewinder for at least 6 months! I can't get enough of the zonk, feed shallo and this savagear mullet thing I bought! Never felt confident with the x-rap ben, I have two but just never know when to use them? What's yours Paul?

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Blank saver? Off the shore? One up Shad

Off the boat? Teeth Killer Shad 15cm colour code 123 (discontinued but I bought quite a few just in case).

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Well.... I know they are bit of an old compared to these modern type lures but I cant fault the old Rapala J11 in Silver and Black or the Bomber Jointed long A for catching fish when the going gets tough.

·
Registered
125 Posts
IMA Komomo 2 Joker Flashing Plate in low light and the OSP Rudra 130 Tasty Shad for bit deeper. Megabass X120 Hama Shirasu always seems to nail something too.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
For me I would always strap a Maria Angel Kiss, however this year I'm veering towards a Gold IMA Komomo SF-125.

If the wife is withme I'd give her a Bass Bandit 2 in blue . For some unkown reason she catches on this very time - most time it's a pollack though and sometimes the pollack are only slightly bigger (200mm) than the 150mm lure.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
For 'pure' fish action (multiple species) it would have to be the wonderful IMA Popkey,and for a pure Bass plug then the Zclaw (ghost claw of course)worked mega tight and slow.
I am loving these two plugs.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Where can I get those two from Iestyn?
Cheers
Hi Steve,

Mr Fish or Art of Fishing or Veals for the suspending version.

This year for me, it's either the O.S.P Bent Minnow, Z-Claw in Ghost Claw or Jackson Artoron. The Z-claw put the V in versatile. I loves it. Probably my fav lure this year.

It's always impossible to pick just one.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Those all sound like plugs, but for me Daytime\Wrasse it is Xlayers, for Night\pollack Slug-go's or for mini pollack Pink trout bait on a size 8.

·
Registered
216 Posts
No Tide Minnows???

Mine is the TM 175 Slim in holo white. Broke my duck with this beauty on it's first outing. Got a second 30 minutes later. Now my 'go to' lure of course.

Thanks to Mr Fish for the colour suggestion and to the south Cornwall coast for the fish.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Current Favourates
Jackson Athelete Slim 120 in RBO
MegaBass X120
Patchinko 100 500G/Cabot
OSP Asura Ghost Minnow/Tasty Shad
These four lures have caught me ALOT of bass this year so far.

All time favourates
TackleHouse Feed Shallow Mullet
Z Claw (rattling)Mullet
Duo Tide Minnow SLD-F 125/145 H134/H94 (accounts for alot of my better bass)
Patchinko (full size-I would be lost without it)
Duo Tide Minnow Slim 175-the back end bass banker.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts