The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the estuary at instow on Saterday(boat) not a fish anywhere,up until recent heavy rain there were fish everywhere albeit mainly small with the odd larger fish, even out at sea off baggy point and clovelley no fish. Have the barnstaple/local boys any suggestions as to why? and has anyone experienced this happening on other estuary systems.:!:

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
colin got one space left if you fancy cornish bumble in nov let me know asap

kev

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
In all the years i have been lure fishing for Bass, this has been my worst year by far.
Andrew syvret warned me of this happening, and I just thought he was being negative.....I owe him a beer and an apology I think. Lets hope it improves next year eh, or the wrasse are going to be in for a shock next season!! My worst year by a mile too Steve. Black Bream went the same way over here a few years ago, but they are back in great numbers again, fingers crossed the bass are the same.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
The thing that I have found is that all the Bass that are around seem to be tiddlers! I've had around 80 Bass from the shore so far this year, and haven't had one over about 3lb, with most being around a lb in weight.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Andrew syvret warned me of this happening, and I just thought he was being negative.....I owe him a beer and an apology I think. Lets hope it improves next year eh, or the wrasse are going to be in for a shock next season!! My worst year by a mile too Steve. Black Bream went the same way over here a few years ago, but they are back in great numbers again, fingers crossed the bass are the same.
****, i have also got my fingers crossed that the Bass will show up. I will be out again this weekend

·
Registered
431 Posts
I must admit its been a great season on the Essex estuary so far!! 150 fish, Most have been around 1lb mark but many at 2lb, 3lb, 3lb plus up to 8lb in weight, All bigger fish coming in the morning on surface lures, and the feed shallows have worked overtime, I just hope i can duplicate it in september and october.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
You guys have had it far too easy for far too long. Ner ner ni nerr nerr etc etc...

Joking aside, only been lure fishing seriously for two years now and my numbers are down on last year but to be fair I'm not exactly fishing in the UK's hotbed of lure angling, as the NW catch reports section will testify!

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Bass hard to find,no mackerel.Watched springwatch earlier this year and they said the colonies of puffins up here were going to suffer as the sandeel population had hit an all time low.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts