The Lure Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right i have put his in the learning zone as i firmly am still learning but this is my take on where the bass are.

purely taken from my point of view from being in the water and last time i checked i am not a bass.

we have had a sudden cold snap where there has been little diurnal variation and what there has been has been localised. now we all know the sea heats up slowly and cools down slowly hence when surfing in may and june the sea is still cold. My take on it is that the food that bass are attracted to are more active in shallow water close to the land that gets heated up, this changes as we get into winter.

all of a sudden the land has been below freezing 24 hrs a day so no localised heating from the land in shallow water meaning no bait and also nothing following them. this probably means the sea temp has come down half a degree over 2 weeks so as we see milder temps creeping in with a bit of sunshine everything should start coming back into the shallow water and we all start catching again.

like i said i am a beginner at fishing but have spent a lot of time in the sea and thats my take on it and only way i can make sense of only catching a garfish for a whole days fishing in cornwall last week in what should have been a catchfest, especially with the meeting of the sea round cape cornwall.

thats my thoughts, educate away

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I was out on a rocky mark last week and the rock pools are empty... i guess the rocks exposed at low tide get realy cold now and the puddles do too.. in the summer its the opposite?
Mind you.. i fished deep water too and blanked!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts