The Lure Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of heading away somewhere in September. I fancy it being somewhere 'fishy' ;). Current short-list includes:

Dominican Republic
Mauritius (spelling ?)
Florida

Where should i be heading at that time of year for some top-notch fishing ?

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The venue requires 'the misses' approval. She's not fancying Portugal (not exotic enough apprently), but Martha's Vineyard is looking ok so far.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Forget the DR, Si. Not geared up for fishing although they have the fish there. Maybe somewhere like Antigua where you can catch some good stuff close to shore. Failing that, the Sea of Cortez/Baja Peninsula in Mexico...? From what I've read there's some good fishing from the Keys in Florida most of the time too...

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Hard to beat the Vineyard in September,
But kingmackerel season in Florida will be in full swing, fall tarpon run will be happening (plus there is normally a good good worm match in Sept-tons of punch drunk tarpon)
Fishing will be red hot in Cuba,
Sept is the end of the Dorado season in Cabo, Mexico
Sept is the start of the big game season in Kenya.
And normally very good for marlin in the Cape Verde Islands.

But my vote is the Vineyard. Shore based fishing, don't need a guide (although it can hep with the night fishing), A chance to catch several species every day (while the misses hammers the plastic is boutique shops on the island) And of course September is DERBY TIME!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts