The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Thinking of a week in Cornwall, week after next with family.

I would like to get some fishing in, I have heard nice things of Fowey but would like some advice were would be a good central location to get to a few marks. And any mark tips would be useful :)

I will also need a cottage around there but I can do some research on that.

Cheers

Hywel

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Hello Hywell, I'm sure one of the Cornish boys will advise you soon enough.

One of the best things about Cornwall, is that you're never really all that far from somewhere to fish. If it were me, I'd look at staying somewhere around St. Agnes, Crantock(static caravans, nice beach) or even somewhere near St. Merryn(good excuse to meander around Ben's shop!).

Fowey is a real nice place, i visit there reguarly for work. Very picturesque but I've never fished the immediate area.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Fowey would be a good base. There is alot of potential in the surrounding area the river is full of fish and there are several marks in walking distance from the town or loads of spots a short drive away. If you do decide to stay in fowey would be up for showing you round a few spots. Will be at work all week but I finish at 3pm so may work out but we lose the daylight hours this weekend which is a bummer. Weekends are good though. As matt has said youre never that far from both north and south coast spots. Let me know if your going to stay in fowey and will give you the lowdown.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks both, will hopefully book somewhere in the next day or two and thanks for the offer Luke i will message you closer to the time.

Cheers

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
Hi All,

Thinking of a week in Cornwall, week after next with family.

I would like to get some fishing in, I have heard nice things of Fowey but would like some advice were would be a good central location to get to a few marks. And any mark tips would be useful :)

I will also need a cottage around there but I can do some research on that.

Cheers

Hywel
hywel ive sent you a pm as i have a place you can rent just outside newquay easy access to n/s cornwall 6miles north about 12 south !! if interested ring me i pm my no to

cheers kev

1 - 6 of 6 Posts