The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Your numbers just came up on the lottery and you have won enough to buy a flash house, car,and never have to work again !!! ( and before i start to get PM's from every member of the forum.......NO..... i havn't) with your life being totally obsessed with lure fishing, where would you choose to live? give us your top 4 places . Was just wondering where the best bassing in britain is. Also to give us an idea of just how good your area is, whats your best haul in a single session,and where( not actual mark of course) but just roughly like "north cornwall" or "Dorset" etc For us up here in north wales its just mind blowing when you read of sessions like Captain Speedo's 27 or was it 29 fish,and on the old place a recent report on 48 fish caught by 2 anglers. No doubt theres a few on here who will say they dont need to move,but it would be nice not to have to work again lol ........ probably people living in a certain group of islands me thinks???

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I'm actually really happy where I am at the moment. Although if I had the cash I'd move about a mile closer to the sea. Any more than a mile and I'd actually be swimming. There are a wide choice of rocky bays and beaches around here, although if I had a preference I'd increase the number of marks with a decent current - in fact, there is only 1 around here (that isn't the estuary) and it's not a bass mark.

Number of fish wise, I only really max out at about a dozen or a couple more usually. It's enough for a short session (I rarey fish more than 3 hours). To be honest, without taking anything away from those catching 20+ fish, if you find them and are in the right place then it's always going to be more than possible for most anglers. Finding them can be a skill in itself though and is what Speedo man does particularly well. Years of experience searching for them. Brilliant. Hunting just a dozen fish down around here (my area) can be very hard work though. You won't catch them all in one spot as they're not shoaled that tight.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
It would have to be Pembrokeshire for me trev,so many places unfished and find life down there a lot more relaxed,ireland maybe with a little coastal villa in portugal.........dream on baby.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Ireland (probably the South East), Jersey/Guernsey, Wales or Cornwall and Ben is totally correct imho, if you find the fish you can get those sort of numbers a lot more easily. But finding them is the hard part!

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Have been drooling over my dream house for weeks now Overlooking my favourite spot Its for sale as a B&B business 2 minutes from bed to Bass heaven Anybody know the lottery result for next Saturday

·
Registered
297 Posts
I wouldn't live in just one place, I'd be obn the moveconstantly - chasing the season and the fish all over the world
Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Xmas Island, Alaska, Labrador, USA, Wexford/Waterford, Italy, Chile, Brazil, Los Roques, Belize

the list goes on and on

Sigh ...

·
Registered
779 Posts
Pembrokeshire or Bermuda (two of my fave places)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I would live here

If i won the lottery i would buy La Rocco tower in St. Ouens bay off of the states of Jersey, i would live in the tower and over time build a couple of Burrochs inside the walls and rent them out for short stay fishing trips.

Karl.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Just relocate what we've already got a 1/4 of a mile from where it curently is, but have a long drive with an Irish electric fence.
A modest motorhome would put me where I want to fish and give the kids nice sea to swim in.
Happy Days.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
If i won the lottery i would buy La Rocco tower in St. Ouens bay off of the states of Jersey, i would live in the tower and over time build a couple of Burrochs inside the walls and rent them out for short stay fishing trips.

Karl.
If you are taking Rocco, I'll take Seymour please!

And what is an irish electric fence???

·
Registered
949 Posts
Mark - From the moment you first touch one you will never forget what one is.:shock:

·
Registered
268 Posts
A few years ago, I went to the Maldivesa for a couple of weeks. Now, altho it was illegal to fish from the shore (yes, actually against the law!!), the fishing there was great. The climate, the people, everything I could ever possibly want.
If my numbers came up, I'd buy up one of the small islands (the one I was on was only 180metres x 80 metres), erect a nice concrete house and have it painted white (reflect the heat of the sun), air con, small desalination plant, radio and a decent boat about 25 to 30ft in length.

One time I was heading out for yet another evening trip, the "fishing guides" laughed at my little 4inch shad I had already put on the end of the line. They asked me how it worked, so I lowered it over the side of the boat into the crystal clear water and just pulled it along so they could see the tail at work. I dont suppose I had pulled it a foot along before a Blue Jack shot out from under the boat and nailed it. The guides were jumping up and down, I left hanging onto about 7 or 8lb of Blue Jack going mental and frantically trying to tiighten the clutch on my reel. Anyway, about 4 minutes or so later the fish was on the boat, unhooked and released. The guides were amazed with the shad and all wanted them.
We ended up leaving a few minutes late as I went back to my accomodation, grabbed my 3 other rods and the rest of my tacle and took it all back onto the boat for the guides to have a play with. Suffice to say they got to experience something different to what they were used to, day in day out with the average tourist and his overly powerful game rods.

Seriously tho, if my numbers came up on the lottery, then thats the place I would go to. The Maldives. Back to the nearest thing to heaven, this side of croaking it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Almost, Mike. If I were restricted to mainland UK, then yeah, I would probably choose Cornwall. Altho I am no lover of hills etc, it certainly has the ability to grant solitude and remoteness.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts