The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I've pretty much made my mind up on getting a Bushwhacker for the HRF stuff but I'm having a problem deciding which one of the three below.

7’ (213cm) - 10-30g - 2 sections
7’ (213cm) - 15-40g - 2 sections
8’ (243cm) - 10-40g - 2 sections

I'm thinking the 8' may be the better option as the extra length may be useful when fishing from rocky outcrops and ledges plus it should be better for the slightly bigger rockies whiles hopefully still ok to feel the smaller SP's.

If anyone who owns/has used the different versions has any input/suggestions they would be more than welcome.

I'm also seriously considering getting the Cormoran ULX for the light stuff put that will need to wait till after a few more pay days.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
JP, as many will know, my lad has the 7' 10-30g and a longer (8'6" 15-40g I think?) Bushwacker. He has used hard and soft lures very effectively on the 7' rod and bullied an 8lb pike in on it Sunday last, so I think it should have enough grunt for a wrasse. I have little (zero!) experience of HRF for wrasse so can't say whether the extra length will be a help or a hindrance but I'm sure Keith et al will give you their opinions shortly. I fished with the longer rod for the first time at the weekend (luckily I taught him to share!) and was mightily impressed with the sensitivity - I felty bumps on my lure I am sure I would not have felt with my Quantum Energy Bass...

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I think I have a 7ft Whacker somewhere JP, in the shed in the Shukan case I think, barely used. Will chuck it in the van if I remember later on and you're welcome to borrow and maybe even buy if interested as I don't use it. Have the infeet for HRF and the salty shot for LRF and the shukan for "normal" plugging.

Bit of a rod obsession me!!

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
After having heard the opinion of a couple of guys on here, I have bought the 7ft 10-30g version for HRF. Fished it off numerous rocky outcrops on sunday and have no issues with sensitivity or length at all. Yet to bend it into a fish but will rectify soon hopefully.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
7ft 10-30g seems fine to me.
This is what I have as a backup to my Injection but it is a seriously good rod for the money in it's own right.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheers guys for the info, and cheers Andy for the offer I will deff take you up on that, send me a PM when your next out and about and I will pop down and take a look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts