The Lure Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering the Daiwa tournament 8 braid but not sure whether to go for the accudepth or the green. Can anyone tell me why choose one over the other?
Grant.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
The colour of braid is not that important but if you like to see where your line is in the water go for a high viz colour,as long as you have a flouro line leader should not put fish off.

Accudepth can be handy when fishing on a boat with it,s colour codeing when targeting fish in the water coloum i.e. just above structures etc...

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Love the idea of the accudepth, but just can't see it being much use to a shore plugger. I would love some lurid line to see in water better but despite claims about it not mattering, I can't shrug the idea that you should employ as much stealth as you can when fishing. And before anyone says but what about your bright fly lines - not the same. Got 9-12 ft of clear tapered leader on the end. I only tie on about 2ft of flourocarbon and feel happier with a dull colour braid. I prefer my lure to be the shiniest thing in the water. However ive practically got OCD when it comes to fishing so can't interfere with any mojo going on, so that makes me certifiable - and as such you are better advised to ignore the ramblings of a madman. Fish what you like.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
I would if I was going for the Daiwa choose the accudepth because I like to be able to see the line when working lures,I think its very important and IMO does not put the fish off.
I now use the bright pink YGK and its brilliant.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Love the idea of the accudepth, but just can't see it being much use to a shore plugger..........Fish what you like.
David, there is some benefit in deeper water when it helps a little bit to judge how close your lure is to the shore. It also offers a good reference point to watch your braid for any twitches when deadsticking - the dark marks on the YGK are especially good for this. Your point on not being able to shrug the idea of being stealthy is well made. It makes me laugh when I see guys plugging in bright coloured clothes, even though I know that bass see a different spectrum and all that.

Oh and OCD? Join the club. Maybe we need a forum section to ourselves! LOL.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
David, there is some benefit in deeper water when it helps a little bit to judge how close your lure is to the shore. It also offers a good reference point to watch your braid for any twitches when deadsticking - the dark marks on the YGK are especially good for this. Your point on not being able to shrug the idea of being stealthy is well made. It makes me laugh when I see guys plugging in bright coloured clothes, even though I know that bass see a different spectrum and all that.

Oh and OCD? Join the club. Maybe we need a forum section to ourselves! LOL.
I dont think I could fish in brightly coloured clothes:-o:-o:-o,I think it goes back to my freshwater days when I used to were 'camo' gear etc.
"It just ain't cricket" :-D

·
Registered
722 Posts
I use red and yellow braid never noticed it putting fish off but i still have 2 feat of fluro, even my long rod fishing with braid is either red or yellow down to a mono rig and mono hook length,

ive just moved onto whiplash code red for plugging had 2 bass while using the braid.

Mark

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
For me, most fishing is at night. I use pink YGK and Yellow (floating and sinking braids).

In daylight, on the occasion we fish for Bass in daylight, I think 'any' opaque line is as bad as any other.

For HRF, bright lines are easier to read in daylight and of course, eging under lights.

Bright clothing in daylight ? Sure, I prescribe to being blended in with the background but, bright clothing by day and even worse, reflective clothing (day or night) isn't a patch on firing up a head torch in total darkness.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts