The Lure Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Got the bonus.. So which red rod would you guys recommend going for?

Primarily fish on shore but may do some off a boat this summer as colleague decided to buy a boat :)

Anyone local fancy coming on a boat to chip in towards fuel then let me know.

Cheers

Bob

·
Registered
431 Posts
Tenryu Red luck Super Distance.

Hi Guys

Got the bonus.. So which red rod would you guys recommend going for?

Primarily fish on shore but may do some off a boat this summer as colleague decided to buy a boat :)

Anyone local fancy coming on a boat to chip in towards fuel then let me know.

Cheers

Bob
Well i use the Tenryu red luck super distance of the shore, Find it superb teamed up with my Van staal. Super light rod and a great action.

Hope this helps.

Michael Hall.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Alex

I work in London but live in Farnborough. Was suppose to meet you and **** last time but some monkey lost us over 1m USD so had to try make it back :)

His boat will be docked at Newhaven so not too far away. Where you based?
It can hold about 5 people, but he is thinking of getting a larger boat soon.

He said if we go out can go wrecking, plugging, or anything.. We went out before and it was literally £30 each for 3 of us and was out there for a whole day.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Hi Bobby,
I use a Super Distance and it is excellent. Not sure how effective it would be from the boat though, that would depend on how you fish. I had a SM240 for a while and it is a much more powerful rod. So you vould use either of those, the SM240 would likely be better from the boat butI would say the reverse is true from the shore.
The shore fishing round these parts (Sussex) tends to be in fairly shallow water so trying to find a rod that does both well might not be easy.

If you need any more 'ballast' for your boat I would love to give a go. Newhaven is about 30 mins away for me.

Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts