The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im upgrading my tackle soon and just wondering which rod would you prefer a super mix or infinite ,i know the infinite is better for soft plastics but i do a lot of lure fishing as well ,any advice is greatly taken onboard

·
Registered
116 Posts
James,

Ive tried a few tenryu's and I have to say i would recommed the Red Luck Super Distance its a beauty. I had the opportunity to have a waggle of a Diawaw Branzino 80 ml and it felt so light it was amazing. Hope Santa has got the hint!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
held a super mix in my hand and it was the lightest rod i held but all the info im getting from buddies is the infinite is the soft plastic rod

·
Registered
116 Posts
Held the Supermix too but think the RLSD is lighter! At the moment Ive started using a Injection for SP's with a 3000 twin power and its not a bad set up. I know guys down here who are using Injections for all their fishing and landing some nice fish. Haven't tried the infinite but from what Ive heard all reports seem to be good.

T

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Hi James i have just upgraded to the Injection its a fantastic piece of kit, well worth you taking a look at it i think.

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Another vote for the Tenryu Injection ... amazing little rod!

·
Banned
792 Posts
hey, waggle them before buying...

Have a go to a meeting and try what you can get into your hands. Best with the lures you want to fish with the rod.
Do not buy any rod without ever having had it at the shore and/or had a cast with it!

omtc
TOm

·
Registered
116 Posts
James

If your up my way or out and about your more than welcome to have a few casts with my Injection to see if it suits

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
actually buying it down your way spider this week ,im90% certain its going to be the injection the only thing is that the rod does not fit into my boot

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have its brother here then you'll really enjoy it- super rod. Like I said I got a RLSD earlier this year and have falling in love with it so light but lots of power when needed. I matched it up with a Branzino 3000. As for the fit in the boot thing I dont know if you could justify a roof rack for a Injection your just going drop a passenger instead.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
I have its brother here then you'll really enjoy it- super rod. Like I said I got a RLSD earlier this year and have falling in love with it so light but lots of power when needed. I matched it up with a Branzino 3000. As for the fit in the boot thing I dont know if you could justify a roof rack for a Injection your just going drop a passenger instead.
I have been using the RLSD 'straddled' by a Branzino,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Awsome.:wackit:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts